X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD or intel

i used to be a AMD fan but im not so sure anymore

that said what one is better
    ASUS SK8N nForce3 pro150 Socket 940 Opteron ATA-133 S-ATA RAID LAN Audio RETAIL
    Details:
    with cpu - AMD Athlon 64 FX 53 Processor 2.4GHz 1MB cache socket 940-pin w/Speeze fan / heatsink for Athlon 64
    Part - SK8N_FX53_FAN
    Updated - 7/8/2004 11:36 PM Total - $915.75

Price - $910
    Shipping - $3 - $5.75
    FEDEX GROUND SAVER INSURED

INTEL
    Socket 478; DDR-400; 800Mhz FSB; 8X AGP; 5.1 Audio; Gb LAN; 5 PCI; 1Yr Wrnty; Life Tech Support!
    Details:
    with cpu - Pentium 4 3.4GHz Extreme Ed. Retail Box With Heatsink & Fan; 3 Year Warranty!
    Part - COMPLETE-MOTHERBOARD-KIT
    Updated - 7/23/2004 11:53 AM Total - $1185

Price - $1180
    Shipping - $5
    Starting UPS / Airborne Shipping!

my dell LCD on my lap top got craced and big *** black holes and my warrnty is gone i was gaonna biuld m own desktop
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Asus - P4C800-E Deluxe D875P Chip 800 FSB GBit LAN Audio USB 2.0 SATA/ATA133 RAID Retail Box
    Details:
    with cpu - Pentium 4 3.4GHz Extreme 800FSB 2MB Cache Skt 478 Fan and Heatsink Retail Box CPU/MB 3 Yrs warr.
    Part - COM-P4C800EDX-34EE
    Updated - 7/15/2004 5:08 PM Total - $1197

Price - $1185
    Shipping - $12
    Flat
    www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

AMD Athlon 64 owns the P4. I personally go amd cause it's more bang for your buck, easier to overclock, and they are better anyway (as far as benchmarks go).

the x86-64 setup is pretty sweet and intel isn't making one yet. Whenever 64bit XP(or longhorn) comes out, you'll be able to use the 64bit capabilities...until then, it is still faster than the P4.
      2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

I have a few questions before I can answer, although I am biased towards AMD. It's been awhile since I have looked into actual numbers, since I haven't built a computer in a few years, but what is the FSB for the amd? Isn't it something like 1GHz? Also, how many PCI/ISA slots does it have? I'm going to assume that it also has an 8x AGP slot (although current agp designs will be leaving us some time in the near future when PCI-X more info here and agp 10x hits the mainstream). Also, look at the on-board cache between the amd and intel. I do believe that the amd has a more. Lastly, what brand is the intel (unless it's there, then I'm blind), because Asus is a very good brand. Enough from me [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]
        2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

Comment

asus makes board for both AMD and intel

the newest INTEL chip has 2MB onboard (1000 just for it) the 64 (or is it 53 ) FX amd has 800 MHZ fside bus as far as i know

damn i got behind alittle lol
          www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

AMD Athlon 64 [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

I have always been an AMD fan, because I am poor and we overclock the **** out of our processors. My last Intel CPU was a Celeron 366 MHz running at 600 MHz [img]tongue.gif[/img]
            Lenore<br />Red 1996 Camaro 3.8L M5<br />Flowmaster 80 Series, Pro-5.0 Shifter

Comment

any one have any ideas on were i can get stuffed shipped over to make my own computer? or any places that are good and just have a hole system
              ??????????/
              www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

dudes... yes AMD's 64 is nice but there is no software around to use it yet! whats the point?! get intel, buy a 2.4 533 megahertz prescot, an ABIT max-3 mobo and ddr 400 corsair xmz ram and overclock that prescott to 3.4 gigahertz with a 1:1 ram ratio. now that is a value gaming mahcine (exact one i am running right now) and NO problems. you will loose a little of your bus speed and no hyperthreading but hell unless ur working in 18 different apps then it dont matter. that system i jus described will run you 100 for the proccessor, 160 for the mobo and 150 for the ram.

ok. now if you dont take THAT advice, no matter what you choose

WWW.NEWEGG.COM is the ABSOLUTE GREATEST PLACE TO BUY COMPUTER PARTS FROM HANDS DOWN NO COMPETITION!!!!!

heres why, they have the cheapest prices around, they have UNGODLY short shipping times, most of the stuff has free shipping and its already cheap! i duno how they do it!!! anyways www.newegg.com is the best place for getting parts they have a GREAT selection as well go there NOW!
                -Hawk<br /><br />===================================<br />Black 2001 Pontiac Firebird<br />Automatic Transmission Street Bird<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/550453\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/550453</a> <br /><br />\"Live like you were Dying\"

Comment

wgas - As long as it works well.
                  I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                  CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                  FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkEcho:
                    dudes... yes AMD's 64 is nice but there is no software around to use it yet! whats the point?! get intel, buy a 2.4 533 megahertz prescot, an ABIT max-3 mobo and ddr 400 corsair xmz ram and overclock that prescott to 3.4 gigahertz with a 1:1 ram ratio. now that is a value gaming mahcine (exact one i am running right now) and NO problems. you will loose a little of your bus speed and no hyperthreading but hell unless ur working in 18 different apps then it dont matter. that system i jus described will run you 100 for the proccessor, 160 for the mobo and 150 for the ram.

WWW.NEWEGG.COM is the ABSOLUTE GREATEST PLACE TO BUY COMPUTER PARTS FROM HANDS DOWN NO COMPETITION!!!!!

heres why, they have the cheapest prices around, they have UNGODLY short shipping times, most of the stuff has free shipping and its already cheap! i duno how they do it!!! anyways www.newegg.com is the best place for getting parts they have a GREAT selection as well go there NOW!
                    umm can you over clock the 800 FSB chip that way i can use the dual channle DDR2 ram? or ddr dual channel
                    www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Originally posted by DarkEcho:

64 bit is a little advanced for its time right now :(

I believe AMD has the best chip out right now, but the "extreme" or whatever intel chips are as good or slightly outperform them. Even if they are a little faster I would still go with the 64 bit processor.

And newegg.com isn't the cheapest, I've found a few sites that are cheaper.

Go to www.pricewatch.com they are a big price search engine.

I am about to order parts from www.zipzoomfly.com ... they have the cheapest prices I've found recently..
                      <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Agree with Dark echo. AMD 64 is completly wasted, Unless you are useing a linux version that supports 64 bit. Like Dark echo said, not may programs support 64 bit, waste of all that money. Spend it on memory, hard drive, or vidcard depending on what you are going to use this compuet for.
                        You want CHEAP new chip go get AMD.
                        Ok for gamming AMD Slightly beats in the benchmarks. If you notice the difference in allowing 5 frames per second faster after 120 frames per second, your super human or lieing your *** off. Now where Intel performs is in other areas of math calculations.
                        Now what I noticed, *In my experience*, for work usage, AMD does NOT last long, cheap for reason, burn up after a year.
                        On the mater of overclocking whats the point? You are not able to double the speed like at one time. you will only add on average 400MHz at a reliable up time, but with all that cooling you'll still burn it.

Newegg is excellent, Another is zipzoomfly.com they are just as quick and sometime beats the prices when they run specials. Just check both sites.
                        2001 Camaro A4<br />K&N air filter<br />Bone stock other than that<br /><br />(+[_]+) PSP

Comment

im a hard core gamer, (some times play 2 game at the same time lol)
                          and i hate A LAGGING PC UGGH lagging PC = rice in the pc world to ME [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

i really want to run a raid 0 also
                          www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Funny, I've seen the exact opposite.
                            Intel better for gaming in most scenarios...
                            And I've also owned my 1700+ for 3 years with no problems...
                            My AMD K6-2 500Mhz is still running after like 7 years...
                            The AMD 400Mhz computers at my mom's office are 9 years old I think and still running...

Never heard of AMDs not lasting long.

And it is only a matter of time before the software catches up with the hardware... then you will be wishing you had the AMD 64.
                            <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

http://www.sharkyextreme.com/img/200...dmark_2003.jpg
                              http://www.sharkyextreme.com/img/200...k_2003_cpu.jpg
                              http://www.sharkyextreme.com/img/200...comanche_4.jpg
                              http://www.sharkyextreme.com/img/200...uamark_cpu.jpg

Looks like AMD is best over all comparing the benchmarks.
                              www.sharkyextreme.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X