Marvel Mystery Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel Mystery Oil

Have any of you used MMO. I used it on my wife's VW tonight. I poured 4 ounce in the tank and 5 ounce in the crankcase. It really smoothed out the rough idling and it felt like it gain some HP, maybe because the compression got better.

I remember hearing about it, but don’t know much about it. Is it like a seafoam type deal?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Never heard of it. Does sound like Seafoam.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I guess it clean does a good job lubricating. They do recommend using as 20 percent of it on the oil change. I will probably try it out next time.

Comment

Let us know how it goes.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yes, I just used it for the first time earlier this year.

It's similar to Seafoam. It cleans as it circulates.

The tank of gas I used it in got noticeably good mileage in the middle of a run of bad mileage fill-ups.

I also used it during the oil change and plan on doing so again next time. (I have a case of it in the garage.)

I haven't noticed any negative results at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Namrepus28 View Post
              Yes, I just used it for the first time earlier this year.

It's similar to Seafoam. It cleans as it circulates.

The tank of gas I used it in got noticeably good mileage in the middle of a run of bad mileage fill-ups.

I also used it during the oil change and plan on doing so again next time. (I have a case of it in the garage.)

I haven't noticed any negative results at all.
              How long do you leave it in the oil before draining it?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Since you're only running a relatively small percentage (20% max I think) of the volume as MMO, you can run it the full length of time and include it in every oil change. (Although I think only running it occasionally is all you'd need.)

I usually go 10,000 km between changes using full synthetic. I'm a fair bit into this run so far and haven't noticed anything negative or odd engine-wise.

If you were, say, rebuilding parts of an engine and putting it back together you might want to flush it out with a greater percentage of MMO and change it very shortly after starting it back up and circulating.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X