Marvel Mystery Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel Mystery Oil

Have any of you used MMO. I used it on my wife's VW tonight. I poured 4 ounce in the tank and 5 ounce in the crankcase. It really smoothed out the rough idling and it felt like it gain some HP, maybe because the compression got better.

I remember hearing about it, but don’t know much about it. Is it like a seafoam type deal?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Never heard of it. Does sound like Seafoam.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I guess it clean does a good job lubricating. They do recommend using as 20 percent of it on the oil change. I will probably try it out next time.

Comment

Let us know how it goes.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yes, I just used it for the first time earlier this year.

It's similar to Seafoam. It cleans as it circulates.

The tank of gas I used it in got noticeably good mileage in the middle of a run of bad mileage fill-ups.

I also used it during the oil change and plan on doing so again next time. (I have a case of it in the garage.)

I haven't noticed any negative results at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Namrepus28 View Post
              Yes, I just used it for the first time earlier this year.

It's similar to Seafoam. It cleans as it circulates.

The tank of gas I used it in got noticeably good mileage in the middle of a run of bad mileage fill-ups.

I also used it during the oil change and plan on doing so again next time. (I have a case of it in the garage.)

I haven't noticed any negative results at all.
              How long do you leave it in the oil before draining it?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Since you're only running a relatively small percentage (20% max I think) of the volume as MMO, you can run it the full length of time and include it in every oil change. (Although I think only running it occasionally is all you'd need.)

I usually go 10,000 km between changes using full synthetic. I'm a fair bit into this run so far and haven't noticed anything negative or odd engine-wise.

If you were, say, rebuilding parts of an engine and putting it back together you might want to flush it out with a greater percentage of MMO and change it very shortly after starting it back up and circulating.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  2 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X