c7 corvete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: c7 corvete

Its an awesome looking car! The look and design of it says Corvette while still being progressive. To me I would want to drive and feel the performance they say it has but it does look fun! If I could afford one I'd buy it!

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
      JMHO... but I'm very disappointed with the looks. It doesn't look that far off from the Viper.

I think GM lost it with the C6 when it looks so close to the Modena.

I still think the C2 and C5 are the best looking Vettes by far. ...sorry, that's just me.

you can say the same thing about any number of cars like that now adays though. the lotus exige,most astons and jags,ferrari's,Merc sls, they all look similar. its all about aerodynamics.

i dont care what anyone says, this is the most impressive corvette since the original stingrays. its about time they sacked up and did something new with it while giving it more performance and class. theyre clearly looking for young money with these finally and thank god they are. grandpa might not like it and thats okay. they can go nuts with it now. watch and see what the next z06 and zr1 come rolling out with, this isnt grandads fart around town car anymore.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
        you can say the same thing about any number of cars like that now adays though. the lotus exige,most astons and jags,ferrari's,Merc sls, they all look similar. its all about aerodynamics.

i dont care what anyone says, this is the most impressive corvette since the original stingrays. its about time they sacked up and did something new with it while giving it more performance and class. theyre clearly looking for young money with these finally and thank god they are. grandpa might not like it and thats okay. they can go nuts with it now. watch and see what the next z06 and zr1 come rolling out with, this isnt grandads fart around town car anymore.
        i agree with him on this it is all about aerodynamics, more power, and less weight most super cars are looking very similar. just imagine when they start putting nos and adding turbos on them. they will be making allot more power depending on the mods they do to them.

Comment

still has crappy seats
          1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
          2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
          94 comero 3.4

Comment

I think I read on the vette forums that it actually weighs more then a C6. I am 32 and I dont like it as a Corvette. The more I look at it the less it resembles a corvette. The most impressive Corvettes are the ZR1's of the 90's and today and the Z06's performance wise.
            Jeff ..
            1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
            2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
            1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
            http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

I'm interested to see the price tag on the track seats option. GM has been trying to put magnesium seats in their cars for more than a decade, but they're super expensive to produce. Nice to see new levels of refinement.

The Corvette is struggling, it's great to see change
              In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
              2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post

Jags and Aston yes, because you can put a Aston body kit on a Jag platform, more like 80's Lotus was a rip off of 80's Ferraris, the Benz SLS no.... but the Vette has ALWAYS stood alone.

When you look at a C1, C2, C3, and on to C5 you know it right away that's a true Vette. Sorry, but this C7 is not up there, plus to dub it as a Sting Ray is silly.

The real Vette that was called a Sting Ray actually has those Sting Ray features and same thing goes for the Mako. So where's the features on this one... unless you count those tiny emblems.

As for the price tag, what makes you think this will be cheaper? Have you seen the features and new tech stuff? I'm willing to beat this base Vette will be more expensive than the base C6. New Vettes tend to sell higher than the previous. I don't think this will be within the reach of young guys. They would probably more likely to look at the New Camaro that's due to come out on 2015 with the same engine and also with a lighter chasis.

No doubt this Vette will sell and it will soon be a dime a dozen on the street.
                Last edited by 2.8 Bird; 01-15-2013, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Ferrari F12 and C7 comparison:

See what I mean about it. What's so original about this Vette. LIke I said the Vette used to stand on its own.

Comment

I cant tell which one is the Vette and which one is the Ferrari!
                    Jeff ..

Comment

Jags and Aston yes, because you can put a Aston body kit on a Jag platform, more like 80's Lotus was a rip off of 80's Ferraris, the Benz SLS no.... but the Vette has ALWAYS stood alone.

When you look at a C1, C2, C3, and on to C5 you know it right away that's a true Vette. Sorry, but this C7 is not up there, plus to dub it as a Sting Ray is silly.

The real Vette that was called a Sting Ray actually has those Sting Ray features and same thing goes for the Mako. So where's the features on this one... unless you count those tiny emblems.

As for the price tag, what makes you think this will be cheaper? Have you seen the features and new tech stuff? I'm willing to beat this base Vette will be more expensive than the base C6. New Vettes tend to sell higher than the previous. I don't think this will be within the reach of young guys. They would probably more likely to look at the New Camaro that's due to come out on 2015 with the same engine and also with a lighter chasis.

No doubt this Vette will sell and it will soon be a dime a dozen on the street.
                      A true Vette is any Corvette produced by GM. To say the C7 isn't a true Vette is silly. I'd molest this car.
                      1995 Pontiac Firebird
                      2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
                        A true Vette is any Corvette produced by GM. To say the C7 isn't a true Vette is silly. I'd molest this car.
                        If you plan on buying it, I would wait though for a couple more years. GM will probably find a way to massage more HP and TQ out of that LT1. So that 450hp/tq might turn into a 480hp/tq monster.

Comment

Ferrari F12 and C7 comparison:

See what I mean about it. What's so original about this Vette. LIke I said the Vette used to stand on its own.
                          all that pic does is make my case stronger for who theyre aiming the car at. i see nothing wrong with ditching the status quo and aiming for the design of half million dollar cars. when i say young money, im talking young successful 20-30 somethings. not a bunch of kids in the market for a 30k muscle car in which half cant afford anyways. the vette is the flagship car, it should be built as such and if need be priced as such. yea, its always been aimed to be a everyday man/womans sportscar and thats the exact reason people have pissed and moaned for years over its "cheap" feeling interior and use of plastic instead of carbon fiber. theyre competing with more than just whatever half assed attempt ford decides to crap out and call a super car these days. the viper is basically a american ferrari now, the car has to compete on more levels than just being able to mop the floor with those cars. it'll stand alone just fine when its still crushing everyone else and looks better than ever doing it.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                          Or this

Comment

It still looks like a Vette to me...but better.

I do not know why people are bashing it for looking like a Ferrari, Chevy used European influences when designing the C1 anyway, they always copy foreign cars. They did it with the 2nd gen Camaro as well. I think the F12 looks boring in comparison in this case....

Comment

more details about the c7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV3wOGC9Ctw

Comment

I remember the last performance car that GM redesigned. Wasnt it the 4th gen F-bodies.. How well did that turn out? The 04-06 GTO's were updated into what the world was into at the time and how well did that turnout?

The Corvette is a flagship car and has always been made as a flagship car. I am 32 yrs old and this does not appeal to me as being a Corvette. Sorry. I have the means to get one if I wanted to but I do not want to at this time. If I wanted a car that looked like a Ferrari I would get a Ferrari. I want a car that looks like a Corvette. A car that when I look at it the 1st thought in my mind is that its a Vette.
                                Jeff ..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X