Missing summer already!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Missing summer already!

no because people who don't think they are necessary are retarded and are putting everyone else at risk. That is why their are more and more Provinces and States makeing them Mandatory for the winter. That's why insurance companies offer you a break in your insurance rate if you have them.

I don't care how good of a driver you think you are when you go sliding along packed snow at 10mph into a kid and can't do a damn thing about it because you cheaped out and left you're **** tires on. Your an idiot. Or maybe you guys haven't had the liberty of sliding along black ice/snow/sleet/slush to know that your experience when you get into that scenario isn't worth a damn, because all the experience and driving skill in the world isn't going to help you...but you know what will? tires...imagine that?

edit: it's funny how many people on here will spend 400$ on useless cold air intakes and a muffler kit and think that ups their performance soo much, but a tire makes or breaks a car doesn't matter what season it is, and everyone cheaps out on that.
    Last edited by LETZRIDE; 11-26-2012, 11:50 PM.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
      That is why their are more and more Provinces and States makeing them Mandatory for the winter. That's why insurance companies offer you a break in your insurance rate if you have them.
      Huh??

Quebec passed a law like that, but I didn't think they were even part of Canada any more...

In 'merica we have no such laws. The tire industry lobbyists are not that strong.
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

hey its snowing here and i dont have winter tires on my Yukon. Oh no im putting everyone at risk with not having them. How retarded do you sound with saying that? Having winter tires makes you safer? Well i think you WRONG with saying that. Just makes you think youre carrying around your security blanket as a kid. Oh dont worry jimmy the winter monsters wont hurt you cause you have your winter tires on. Give me a break. Are your winter tires gonna help you in 2 ft of snow? NO. Are they gonna help you hitting black ice at 40 MPH? NO. Yes its a common fact that tires help braking more than brakes do. What the hell are your tires gonna do on ice? Still gonna hit the wall unless you have put ****ing bolts in them to get traction. A good driver with ****ty tires KNOWS his tires suck. KNOWS that he has to not drive to the normal capability of the vehicle. KNOWS that normal braking distance and safe speeds have changed. KNOWS people like you are out there bogging around acting all high and mighty with their "winter winner tires".

And well im done commenting on this thread. Just had to get that out and make my retarded non winter tire using self known so people dont drive around me when it snows.

87 Firebird RIP
        96 Camaro RS RIP
        94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
        02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Your logic is exactly what is wrong with society these days. I already told you I do not drive anymore aggressive because I have winter tires. And, for the millionth time yes, winter tires will make you stop faster on ice and snow... The same way slicks and road course tires will give you much more control when using them for the proper road conditions... There is a reason why there are 30$ tires and $600+ tires out there...

Comment

And Quebec has never seperated from us, and there is more than just Quebec that winters have been made mandatory

Comment

Wow, I wish I never made the thread...what a ridiculous thing to argue over. I just was missing warm weather. My tires did come in handy today with the snow though!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X