Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Insidethreat07 2001 Camaro

UPDATE:
    Got my new hood. It's def going to get a paint job sometime. Also where is a good place to get the mesh thing that goes in the scoop part?

Comment

Looks good, I got mine on ebay , I think it was. I think I might have a extra in my garage, I'll take a look.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

yea I seen the ones on ebay where they snap in with some clips. I might go that direction. What was in there before was sh!t.

Comment

I can't find nothing in my garage, so far its claimed a tial 38mm wastegate and some new bolts and now a SLP grill insert that was chromed.LOL I'll keep looking though. On mine I just glued it in , but mine wasn't cut out for the opening like yours, I just drilled holes to have some air flow to the engine.
          Last edited by ssms5411; 03-29-2014, 04:24 PM.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

LOL. I actually found one on ebay that has clips to hold it in place.
            http://www.ebay.com/itm/380855675301...84.m1423.l2649

Comment

That looks good, I don't know who made mine since I got it off craigslist and the seller just found it in a storage closet and I bought it for $200. I just know its fiberglass and it was new still in its primer.

Comment

First pass of the racing season at Summit Motorsports Park
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFls6w54xhs

Comment

Nice , how does it compare to your other times?

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                    Nice , how does it compare to your other times?
                    Fastest it ever went lol. Last year was anywhere from 15.5-15.8. Just kind of depends.

Comment

What was that white car next to you and what did it run? Look like it had a good take off.

Comment

Nice run there. Are you still racing with Eddie with his turbo 3rd gen Camaro? We haven't gotten any updates on his project.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                          What was that white car next to you and what did it run? Look like it had a good take off.
                          I think it was inin the 12s

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                          Nice run there. Are you still racing with Eddie with his turbo 3rd gen Camaro? We haven't gotten any updates on his project.
                          Ya he isn't quite done yet. He told me maybe a couple weeks and it will be done.

Comment

Just a little update. Sometime in the future I plan on buying a used ARH Cam for only the cost of shipping. Yes.... the cost of shipping. It had the keyway damaged on it and was professionally repaired and been fine for 3+ years. Only thing I'd need to replace are the springs to the 90# LS6 springs, retainers, rocker arm bolts and gaskets of course. This will probably be a winter project. I don't want to tear it down during the summer if I don't have to. One of the previous owners went a 13.7 with just the cam and a 3200 stall. Since I won't be putting a stall in it, I think it would run low 14s. What a big difference from low 15s lol. Here are some specs on the cam
                            ARH Naturally Aspirated cam
                            -210/220 @ .050
                            -.320" lobe lift on the intake, .512 with a 1.6 rocker ratio
                            -.320 lobe lift on the exhaust, .512 with a 1.6 rocker ratio
                            -112 lobe separation

Comment

If you DA's are similar then that would be a nice upgrade, but I would do 105LB springs since there suppose to wear less than the 90lb springs.

Comment

you mean something like this?
                                http://intense-racing.com/Merchant2/..._Code=3800_HCV
                                I thought the 90# were good to like a .530 lift?
                                http://intense-racing.com/Merchant2/..._Code=3800_HCV

EDIT
                                After doing some reading Ill be going with the 105#. Glad I don't need a double roller lol
                                Last edited by insidethreat07; 04-24-2014, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X