HI! The wheels look great.
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Hello Out there!

Thanks guys! I appreciate the input, I just recently replaced the fuel filter a few weeks ago so that's good to go. I didn't know about the bump stops so I'll definitely check into that, as far as the gearing goes I do alot of city driving so the rpm's don't get to climb too high too often plus I have the overdrive as well for the highway but I do plan on putting on the shift kits for it. But I agree that it never hurts to get it checked out. As far as lowering goes, thats a little out of the question because of where I live. The roads aren't the best around here and I think the old struts on it right now are the original ones, so once the new ones are on that'll even out the stance. I'm glad to have found this forum, I will be reading around and posting here and there. I'll try to get a video up soon so y'all can hear how the exhaust sounds.

Comment

Up at work with one of my coworkers in my car. Let me know if anyone's having trouble viewing the video.
        Last edited by StingerZ26; 09-10-2012, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Awesome ride!
          sigpic

Comment

Another question I would pose Automatic guys and girls is that with a gear change from a 2.73 or 3.08 to a 4.10 you will need a new carrier since from what I remember a 4.10 is a 3 series, and 2.73,3.08 are 2 series correct?

after the install would you have to reprogram the shift points in the tranny? I never did a gear swap in a auto before. With the manual it didnt matter as you shift it but with the 4l60e the CPU shifts it and if its programed for stock gear ratio and you change it would that throw off the tranny?
            Jeff ..
            1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
            2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
            1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
            http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

For the carrier yes the 2.73 and 3.08 use the 2 series carrier, thats one reason I'm buying a rear end from another guys SS(thats going to be rebuilt as well) to put the 4.10's in. Good question about the shift points though because I didn't think about that but by the time I'll do that I'll have the programmer for it and get it tuned accordingly and/or find out about that. Anybody elses input on that subject would be appreciated.

Comment

Autos shift based off the rpms, no special tuning has to be done to it when you change the gears.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X