Hello Out there!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Out there!

Hello I'm new here, found this site just scrolling around the internet. Read through everything and I think I've found my new favorite website. I own a 1998 Camaro with the 3.8L V6 and plan on keeping it like that. My biggest plan for it is buying another motor, the same size for it and rebuild that to swap out and retire the one already in it. But for now its been running like a champ and I put additives in it to keep it running good. Also got some stuff already done to it, like a new intake, redid the exhaust, new springs, shocks, sway bar, in the rear, with new struts about to be put on in the front. I found a great set of the Corvette C6 wheels through Craigslist for a steal, have those wrapped in a set of Goodyear's Eagle F1(Supercar, brand-new for the front wheels) 255/45 18 up front and 285/35 19 in the back. Fills up the gap in the wheel wells very nicely without overdoing it I think. I'm also planning on buying a rear-end to rebuild that'll be coming out of a friend of my dad's SS, posi-trac and 4.10 gears are the main goal with that. I have a lot planned out for it and I don't want go on and on about. I'm glad to have found a community of people who are doing something with V6 F-bodies besides a V8 swap, I've always believed I can get my little six-cylinder to get-up and go like an eight if not better than some. Plus I like the better gas-mileage(I know the higher gear ratio's gonna hurt that but it'll be worth the trade-off).

Re: Hello Out there!

Welcome man, glad to see a new member who cares about keeping the car a 6 and wanting to make power with it, theres options to do so. Post up some pics of your ride.
    3M MAFIA
    ________
    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
    sigpic

Comment

X2 on the pics.

Welcome to the site. Yeah, it's good to see a V6 diehard join here.

Comment

welcome.

Use this site to get your motor...you'll save yourself a ton. Picked up mine out of a 2005 buick lucerne for $450 with 2,500 miles on it, it was brand new.

http://www.car-part.com/

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Welcome to the site.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

[img]2012-07-20_17-46-27_663[/img]

Comment

Welcome! I have been on here a while and am still modding my sixxer.

Where are you located?

Side note, you need to host your image on a site (photobucket, tiny pic...ect.) for us to see it
                Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                  Welcome! I have been on here a while and am still modding my sixxer.

Where are you located?

Side note, you need to host your image on a site (photobucket, tiny pic...ect.) for us to see it
                  Oops doing all this on my smartphone and its not being to quick or cooperative right now. I'm located in New Braunfels, Tx, just a short drive outside the San Antonio area.

Comment

First pic from the day after I got it.

After SS wing, tail lights and muffler

Front view as well as a preview to the newer wheels

As it is today

Comment

The mods on it now.(Not in order of installation)

Hotchkiss Rear sway bar and trailing arms

Custom air intake

3-inch single exhaust pipe to a Pypes M80 muffler with a turn down tip

KYB Rear shock and Hotchkiss Spring

Comment

Great looking ride. Got a sound clip of the exhaust?
                        3M MAFIA
                        ________
                        | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                        Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                        sigpic

Comment

Nice car.. Dont be shy about asking questions. I had 4.10's in my 98 Firebird and loved them. My car was a 5speed not a Auto like yours. Might want to check with some Auto guys and see if 4.10s would work good with your drivetrain. Other little tid bits you can do are a Aluminum Drive shaft as from your picks looks like you still have a steel one, I would also change that fuel filter. Looks like its been on the car for a long time. If you lowered your car might want to check into some Lower control arm ( what you called trailing arm) relocation brackets, and if I were you I would pick up a set of Sub frame connectors!!
                          Jeff ..
                          1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
                          2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
                          1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
                          http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Originally posted by 1998silverbird View Post
                            Nice car.. Dont be shy about asking questions. I had 4.10's in my 98 Firebird and loved them. My car was a 5speed not a Auto like yours. Might want to check with some Auto guys and see if 4.10s would work good with your drivetrain. Other little tid bits you can do are a Aluminum Drive shaft as from your picks looks like you still have a steel one, I would also change that fuel filter. Looks like its been on the car for a long time. If you lowered your car might want to check into some Lower control arm ( what you called trailing arm) relocation brackets, and if I were you I would pick up a set of Sub frame connectors!!
                            How the heck can you tell what the fuel filter looks like? I can hardly see it. The auto drivetrain in these cars are stronger than the m-5's so no worries about strength there until you start putting down some larger hp/tq numbers. Yes on the sub frame connectors. And it looks like your bump stops are.. gone. Heh, it'd be a good idea to pick up a couple and replace the nothingness that is there.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Usually the fuel filter is shinny or painted black if its been replaced recently. The one in the pic looks the same color as the fuel lines. To me that looks old. Not worried about strength just if 4.10's are gonna be to much for a 4 speed thats what I meant. It was all fine with my T5 but I had a extra gear to cruise around with.
                              Jeff ..
                              1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
                              2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
                              1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
                              http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X