Ehh... Who to do the work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ehh... Who to do the work?

Go the Powerdyne route and you won't have to mess with removing the heads or intake. Pulling the fuel rail is a snap with the right tool, and also won't be necessary. As for finding someone to make an M90 swap kit, you might as well stop here. A handful of top swaps have been made, but there are so many variations in methods and model year differences that a bolt on kit can't be made and sold. Its all been said and tried, but didn't work out. Then there's the issue with tuning, which most shops won't even think twice about doing.

Since you're cautious about working on your car, your best bet is to keep it simple with mods you understand and can do yourself. If you haven't contacted that guy about the Powerdyne kit, then I'd suggest you do. That and an FMU are about the easiest it gets for bolt on power. Especially if you've got a helping hand and a friends garage to do the work.
    '99 Camaro
    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

I agree with the ease of installation of the PD Unit its just I dont think Im going to be able to get my hands on one in time... Is there any possible way to fab a PD setup?
      1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

It's possible... A lot of the kits floating around here are reproduction kits. But then you will need to find out the specs and find a machine shop to make the parts.
        '99 Camaro
        '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
        '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

but what about the powerdyne unit itself? I hear they dont make the unit we use anymore... so how would I go about that?... also Im guessing I would need an existing owner for PD dimensions eh? what about fabbing the stuff... if I went that route how much am I looking at cost wise?
          1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

Your best bet is finding a used kit on here, ebay, fullthrottlev6, or craigslist, etc.
            Dave:
            00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
            97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X