Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Texting and Driving

Originally posted by 1997Canadian3.8 View Post
    Have you considered bluetooth? I've got the integrated one in my pioneer deck; makes calling easy. It is nice to get your phone calls done while you drive places.
    Ditto. I bought an HU with bluetooth for my manual car.
    '99 Camaro
    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
      Ditto. I bought an HU with bluetooth for my manual car.
      x3 Bluetooth in the JVC Head unit, also says signal strength, battery and lets me know when i receive a text.
      Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
      1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
      1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
      2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Originally posted by 1997Canadian3.8 View Post
        Have you considered bluetooth? I've got the integrated one in my pioneer deck; makes calling easy. It is nice to get your phone calls done while you drive places.
        No, and I never will. I more often than not use the headphones that came with my iPhone (had a built in mic). They work great. Im not fond of something creating a significant electromagnetic radio field on my ear. You're asking for cancer at that point.
        1995 Pontiac Firebird
        2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

I text, but only when i'm at lights. if i'm on the phone, i steer and shift with my right hand.... it's not that hard to drive one handed with a stick, just don't do it in curves.

Comment

Its illegal here in NC but I see people doing it all the time. I hate it when I'm driving on the expressway on the bike and look over to see people typing away and not even knowing I'm beside them. This goes for the ones I see reading the newspaper, books and putting eyeliner on while doing 70+ mph....

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
              No, and I never will. I more often than not use the headphones that came with my iPhone (had a built in mic). They work great. Im not fond of something creating a significant electromagnetic radio field on my ear. You're asking for cancer at that point.
              mine comes on over my alpine stereo through the car speakers...I can turn up the speaker volume with my regular volume controls. the mic sits above my head on the edge of my visor where my cds are. Works great, except my cars a little loud and I hate answering the calls because I need to shout at the person when accelerating lol.

everything powers up by itself the minute I put the key in and give power to the car.

I text a little when driving, but usually only in the beater neon, and never in traffic...i'm very aware of my surroundings, so I'm not really worried. I almost never text in the camaro...too much to enjoy around me.

truthfully when I do text its usually while at a redlight, and I'm still always the first to leave the light.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

anecdote- have a kid and drive with in the car...you will stop. :) worked for me
                WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
                  anecdote- have a kid and drive with in the car...you will stop. :) worked for me
                  I'm not Arnold Schwarznegger...this is not possible :D

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                  1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

/\ took me a second but i got it! lol

and you can still knock up a chick or kidnap some radom kid on the road. both will work
                    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
                      not so much now with the kid hunnnn lol
                      heck....if i would have know i would have saved my sons paper towel from his eggs....
                      fyi...this is a big deal for me since i have my son with me every morning for my 45 min drive into philly.
                      i think it's only a matter of time before i get my mali-booty tinted. my son hates the sun in his eyes
                      yep i was knocked u[ and popped out a kid 17 months ago. he's just an amazing kid. best time of my life!
                      Really? You had a kid kristen?:eek:....never made the connection.....GRATS!!!:tup:

:rolleyes:
                      1995 Pontiac Firebird
                      2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Everglades W68 View Post
                        Testing and driving is extremely stupid.

X2 , That would be my response.
                        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

anyone that texts and drives should be ticketed and have their car towed
                          Robby
                          2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
                          sigpic

Comment

I had to learn the hard way to not text and drive. I hit a retaining wall on a highway cause I wasnt paying enough attention. Scraped the whole side of my firebird and a small dent the on rear 1/4 panel.

I'm a pretty good driver but texting while driving is not smart. Something bad can happen to anyone if there not paying attention. It was just after I got a new phone though and thats my only excuse. :P

Lesson learned, I hardly do anything on my phone while driving, anymore. I sure cant afford to damage my '70.
                            -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X