Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texting and Driving

Thoughts, comments... anecdotes?

It's not legal where i am, not sure about you guys... never heard of any of my friends getting a ticket though... only time i text and drive is when im looking at a map on my iPhone or down a long stretch of highway..

even having your phone on your dash or in your cupholder they will ticket you apparently.. and playing with your radio and such.. sigh.
    Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
    1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
    1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
    2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Re: Texting and Driving

In MD it's called something like a "secondary offense" meaning you won't get pulled over just for texting while driving, but you can be ticketed for it if you're pulled over for something else. And, at least here, the law only applies to typing texts, not reading them.
    sigpic

Comment

Testing and driving is extremely stupid.
      I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
      CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
      FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

I hate people that text and drive, and I know three people that have been in serious accidents because of it. I guess I'm one of those few people that like to drive when I'm driving. I keep my phone off usually and in a pocket.

Comment

I would hope they already have a law in the books against distracted driving. Go after the texters along with the people reading the newspaper, doing their makeup, feeding their face and the ones talking to the other four teenagers in the car
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Totally guilty of it before it became illegal. I never took my eyes off the road, I just typed without looking.

It is dangerous and stupid; I no longer do it.
            In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
            2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

My phone is USB wired into the stereo when I drive.. it doesn't move from the center console. Being in high school, I hear about all kinds of stuff happening because of it... it really can wait until you get home or to work or wherever you're going.

Comment

...is dumb. I hate when people try calling or texting me when they know I'm driving. People already have enough trouble focusing on driving with just the radio on or someone else in the car, why add to the distractions?
                '99 Camaro
                '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Also if you're a man and drive a manual you don't have a spare hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                    Also if you're a man and drive a manual you don't have a spare hand.
                    I admit to texting and driving, I try to be cautious when doing it such as when I'm stopping, or by myself on the road; but there really is no way to do it safely.

on my Z28 M6, I text during shifts, which is probably worse but I've gotten it down to a science. It's not illegal where I'm at yet but I'm starting to learn to ignore my phone, and pull over for calls.
                    1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                    1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
                    1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
                    2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

cant stand people who do it. pay attention to the ****ing road.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                      Or this

Comment

Your Car should be too loud to hear someone during a phone call in the car.
                        Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
                        1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
                        1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
                        2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Originally posted by ACiFiC View Post
                          Your Car should be too loud to hear someone during a phone call in the car.
                          passengers dont even answer their phone anymore in my car. the conversation usually consists of them answering and then going "i cant hear you, I'm in kyle's car"
                          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

I don't text when I drive, but I will answer and make calls. My job demands that I answer when possible, and I just don't consider driving to be a serious enough to ignore a call from a project manager. My commutes are generally an hour or longer, so there's no way it can wait till I get home.
                            1995 Pontiac Firebird
                            2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
                              I don't text when I drive, but I will answer and make calls. My job demands that I answer when possible, and I just don't consider driving to be a serious enough to ignore a call from a project manager. My commutes are generally an hour or longer, so there's no way it can wait till I get home.
                              Have you considered bluetooth? I've got the integrated one in my pioneer deck; makes calling easy. It is nice to get your phone calls done while you drive places.
                              In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
                              2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X