Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Allstate IS mayhem!

Originally posted by Atrum Rosa View Post
    I'm constantly paranoid about my Bird. As a 14-15 year old car with a broken odometer I'm sure that I would get zilch for it in an accident, even though it has sentimental value and money put into it for performance. Insurance is such a fraud.
    If you think your car is worth more than blue book you can get agreed value insurance from a firm that specializes in those kind of policies. Those firms can provide special policies for customized, antique or otherwise collectable vehicles. Most companies will appraise your vehicle (keep receipts from mods!) if you claim it's value as greater than a certain amount, generally around $20,000. Don't know if they will like your odometer being broken, because most the cheaper policies like these are mileage restricted (1500mi to 3000mi per year). The more expensive policies are generally not limited. You are also generally required to park in a locked garage at night at all times.
    sigpic

Comment

I switch insurance companies like I switch the ingredients on a sandwich for work. Ive had 7 different companies over the years, with the competition out there, I could care less, so long as its insured. Neither car I own is worth a ****. But if I owned something that had some value to me or monetarily, I would go with State Farm. Allstate is a FRAUD on all types of policies, auto, life, home, renters, etc.
      1995 Pontiac Firebird
      2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Red&Black_Attack View Post
        ^-- Exactly. Coulda got a real nice car with the $ too. Something better than a focus. Like a 4th gen v6 bird/maro? Lol ;)
        Sorry to you younguns but I'm not putting my 18 yo daughter behind the wheel of a 4th gen, she's just fine in the focus.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbird02 View Post
          Sorry to you younguns but I'm not putting my 18 yo daughter behind the wheel of a 4th gen, she's just fine in the focus.
          This is why I bought all my cars. I'll be damned if someone told me what I was going to drive...
          1995 Pontiac Firebird
          2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
            This is why I bought all my cars. I'll be damned if someone told me what I was going to drive...
            This is the reason I bought my Firebird myself. My dad had owned all my previous cars (including my truck that I still have), and the last 2 before my Mazda were literally sold out from under me while I was driving them. I get a call and my dad tells me to come home because someone has bought my Grand Am GT and I need to clean it up so they can pick it up in a few hours. And virtually the same with my S-10. He may choose to do it again with the Mazda truck, but he can't take my Firebird away :D
            aka FreedStyle
            Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
            2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

That's all well and good, but she likes the car. Personally I would have just taken the money and been done with it, she's the one that wanted it fixed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X