Allstate IS mayhem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allstate IS mayhem!

Ok so over the weekend my daughter rear ends some guy. After *****ing her out for a while, I go down to take a look, little bit of bumper damage and, of course the damn airbags went off. So I call Allstate and put in a claim. On Tuesday I get a call from an adjuster, they want to total the car, I'm like "Say what!!??" He says yes, based on the airbags going off the damage is too extensive to repair. So I'm like, ok so what you gonna give me. He throws out a figure which seems fair so I say "ok I'll get back with you". I talk to my body shop bud across the street and he says he can fix it for less then half. Ok so I'll bite, I talk to the adjuster today and he says, "Oh well you can buy the car back but we won't issue a rebuildable title". Again, "say what?". They've never looked at the car, they are basing everything off of the airbags going off. I've been a loyal Allstate customer for about 25 years and this is the **** I get? This will not end well for Allstate!

Re: Allstate IS mayhem!

There is no such thing as a reputable insurance company. But, Allstate screwed over my girlfriend as well.

Comment

Out of curiosity, what's the year/make/model of your daughter's car?
      Insurance company cost quote?
      Body shop bud quote?
      Also out of curiosity, what kind of car did she hit & how much damage to it?
      sigpic

Comment

She has an 01 Focus SE in perfect shape with 58k on the ticker. When I say perfect I mean perfect, not a scratch, no wear, nothing. Allstate quoted about 5400 as what they would give us. Seems reasonable. My bud rebuilds classics so he knows what he's doing, I've seen his work. He said he could fix it for less than 2k. I can buy it back for about $325. She hit a caddy, it has a paint scrape on the rear bumper, seriously, that's it.

Comment

Allstate tried to make me pay the $500 deductable when I got hit. And it was the other driver's fault! After argueing with them for a week, they finally called me back and said "Since the other driver was an Allstate customer too, we are going to waive the deductable for you." What kind of BS is that?

I switched to Geico and my premium is about 40% less than allstate.
          I was with Allstate for 15 years, and they kept raising my rates, even though
          I was never in an accident that was my fault. My Geico premium actually went
          down a few bucks. I've never had to make a claim with geico yet, though.
          I'm wondering if I will still be happy with them when that time comes.

Comment

So now I get a call from Allstate, they decided it might be a good idea to send an adjuster out to have a peek at the car. Really? Ya think?

Comment

I'm constantly paranoid about my Bird. As a 14-15 year old car with a broken odometer I'm sure that I would get zilch for it in an accident, even though it has sentimental value and money put into it for performance. Insurance is such a fraud.

Comment

That's exactly the point. It doesn't matter what the insurance gives you if they total the car, it should be my option to repair it no matter the cost if it's out of my pocket. They are trying to remove that option. They'll sell it back to me but only with a "parts only" title. There are two totaled titles in Florida, parts only/never drivable again and rebuildable. They are saying they won't issue a rebuildable title. They've already told me they won't insure it for collision and I'm fine with that. So what business is it of their's if I want to rebuild it?

Comment

I agree with you. I cant see how its any of thier business what you do with the car... It makes me sick when they do this.
                  I seen a 95 3.4 M5 in the local jyard. The yard man walked with me to get a part from another car (Jeep), and I had to stop and ask him about it, why is it here? Why in the front? Looks really good (car was flawless in and out)! He hops in and just fires it up! I said wth, why dont you sell it out right! He says he cant because of the same title issue. This car was totaled because of a crack in the taillight and the bumper!!! He said it runs and drives perfect, even the AC works! Dont even get me started on the C4C cars I saw AH!
                  sigpic
                  98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Originally posted by ScottS4050 View Post
                    Allstate tried to make me pay the $500 deductable when I got hit. And it was the other driver's fault! After argueing with them for a week, they finally called me back and said "Since the other driver was an Allstate customer too, we are going to waive the deductable for you." What kind of BS is that?
                    My sis was afraid of that happening to her (she was in an accident a couple weeks ago. Other dudes fault). She decided she'd first call the guy who hit her and ask him to pay for her deductible, and tell him that if he didn't pay then she'd take him to court, and she would easily win because even the first cop at the scene wrote an incident report citing the guy as the one at fault. I don't know if she even got around to making that phone call before State Farm told her over the phone that they would pay her deductible and go after him themselves for reimbursement. FYI he didn't have auto insurance.

I think I'm remembering that right, but I do remember what she would need to say if she made that phone call. That's my point.
                    sigpic

Comment

yup, airbags deployed=totaled now days...

jacked up i know. my camaro was totaled

Comment

Mine too, but I don't think the air bags went off in it. It has a perfect interior.
                        1997 Chevrolet Camaro
                        L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

So after going back and forth with Allstate all day we've come to an agreement. They fix the car and pay it off.

The moral to this story kiddies? When an insurance company tells you to bend over, you say "No, you first".

I think that call to the state insurance commission might have helped some.

Comment

Eh, I woulda took the $5400 and not looked back. That's about double what an 01 Focus is worth.
                            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

^-- Exactly. Coulda got a real nice car with the $ too. Something better than a focus. Like a 4th gen v6 bird/maro? Lol ;)
                              -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X