Shotgun recoil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shotgun recoil

Just curious, but what do you use slugs for? What kind of game would you hunt with that size ammo? Deer, bear, moose, maybe aligators? Or cars/tanks/armored vehicles (as in war)?
    2001 white Firebird (completely stock)<br /><br />2003 Civic LX sedan for my daily commute. 115 hp (Yes, pathetic, but gets me 36 mpg!)

Comment

Rifled slugs are generally used for hunting large game where rifles are prohibited. Makes tons of sense, yeah? Target shoots also like to use em.

(btw, we bought the same shot gun :) )

Comment

Slugs are also great for taking out rogue cinder blocks.
        sigpic

Comment

Theres some rounds for the shotgun that are powerful than slugs, breach rounds for blowing the hindghes off doors for room entries, those are serious rounds.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by Atrum Rosa View Post
            Rifled slugs are generally used for hunting large game where rifles are prohibited. Makes tons of sense, yeah? Target shoots also like to use em.

(btw, we bought the same shot gun :) )
            You have good taste in guns. ^_^

I like the fact that Mossbergs are still made in the USA. It's hard to find anything made in the USA these days other than paper and food.

I can see people using slugs for target practice. A slug would make an awesome hole in a paper target, or completely blow up a watermellon, but it seems like overkill especially since the shells are so expensive.
            2001 white Firebird (completely stock)<br /><br />2003 Civic LX sedan for my daily commute. 115 hp (Yes, pathetic, but gets me 36 mpg!)

Comment

Breaching rounds actually just highly compressed dust or metal filings. They are designed to destroy a lock and then completely fragment and dissipate so that there is no chance of overpenetration and injuring anyone inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Atrum Rosa View Post
                Breaching rounds actually just highly compressed dust or metal filings. They are designed to destroy a lock and then completely fragment and dissipate so that there is no chance of overpenetration and injuring anyone inside.
                They still kick as a SOB....LOL if a person is close enough to the door it will hit them.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by crazygrrrl View Post
                  Just curious, but what do you use slugs for? What kind of game would you hunt with that size ammo? Deer, bear, moose, maybe aligators? Or cars/tanks/armored vehicles (as in war)?

I deer hunt with slugs in Ohio since rifles are banned

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                    Theres some rounds for the shotgun that are powerful than slugs, breach rounds for blowing the hindghes off doors for room entries, those are serious rounds.
                    have you ever seen some of the crazy rounds made like dragons breath?
                    this site has a bunch of the ridiculous rounds i'd love to own

http://www.deltaforce.com/catalog/pg31.html

Comment

I could use some Rhodesian Jungle shells if they made them for a 20 gauge. That would be perfect for home defense. The only shells that are close are from Federal Premium, but most gun shops here don't stock them.

Jeez! $130 for the armor piercing shells! I wonder if this is what the military uses?

Comment

Originally posted by crazygrrrl View Post

I can see people using slugs for target practice. A slug would make an awesome hole in a paper target, or completely blow up a watermellon, but it seems like overkill especially since the shells are so expensive.
                        lol here's a vid of my friend blasting a cantaloupe with his mossberg 500. I'm holding the camera, and that's another friend of ours you hear at the end making an accurate observation.
                        ooo I have more vids of us blasting **** in his backyard with slugs... If I find them I'll post.

Random off-topic thought: lol it's weird for me to watch that vid and see all that green grass, because for a few years after that was filmed he turned his whole backyard into a dirt rally track he would blast around in his 02 WRX. I can't believe his parents didn't kick him out for that lol
                        sigpic

Comment

Cool video! There was nothing left of the cantaloupe.

The CSS Gun Juggle video had me laughing so hard I got all teary-eyed. I gave you a thumbs up for that.

Comment

Wow, I can't believe Knoxx hasn't been brought up yet. If you want less recoil this is what you need. I got mine on Ebay for $109 delivered and now am able to shoot 3" mags and slugs in my 12ga 870 with no discomfort. No soreness the day after either, check it out!

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Spe...k,1158,165.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Heywood View Post
                              lol here's a vid of my friend blasting a cantaloupe with his mossberg 500. I'm holding the camera, and that's another friend of ours you hear at the end making an accurate observation.
                              ooo I have more vids of us blasting **** in his backyard with slugs... If I find them I'll post.

Random off-topic thought: lol it's weird for me to watch that vid and see all that green grass, because for a few years after that was filmed he turned his whole backyard into a dirt rally track he would blast around in his 02 WRX. I can't believe his parents didn't kick him out for that lol

Outstanding video, got to love slugs.

Comment

Still waiting for lopsided boobs
                                <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X