Ever help a total stranger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever help a total stranger?

Went to my brothers apartments to drop off some stuff and in the parking area there was this guy with both doors, hood, and trunk open on his 97 Camaro. So I go over to see what he is doing. He is trying to connect an amp. So I give him a hand feeding the wires through the car and connecting a cable to the battery. I spent like maybe an hour and a half helping him. It feels pretty good just helping someone out.

Re: Ever help a total stranger?

I once helped out a single mother jump start her car outside of a walmart and even followed her home once. It was about to rain and I wanted to go inside to but it was well worth.:)

Comment

All the time. Mostly in the winter helping them get unstuck. I figure its a good thing to do...might be me stuck next time.

Comment

I have diagnosed, had the person get the part, and installed it all myself for at least a dozen or more employees....

I know I have popped the hood on 2-3 cars, where the keys were locked in with the engine running, and stalled the motor out for them.

Helped a few people at gas stations with some small issues.

Have had my hood popped, doors open, jumper cables in hand held up to people driving by.... they just kept driving by.... leaving me stranded.

Comment

I like to watch people outside my apartment, I'll hop out and help with car issues :)

Comment

When my fuel pump went out, I swear 100 cars drove by and only one person asked if I needed any help. As for helping people I did all the time at work, never had the opportunity to help anyone roadside.

Comment

Ya, I've jump started peoples cars, pulled engine codes for random people at the track...I try and help people out whenever I can...feels good knowing you probably made somone's day, and karma exists...it'll help you out one day to...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I once help a guy who left his key inside his car. I took him to his house, he got his spare, drove him back and he was to jump back in his car. He wasn't all that appreciative.

I also jumped a whole bunch of cars in college, mostly girls.

Comment

A few years ago I helped an elderly guy change a tire in the pouring rain on his mid 90's Toyota Camry. I knew he couldn't do it himself and he looked miserable so I pulled over and helped him out. It was summer time in Florida so it wasn't freezing cold and the rain actually felt good and cooled us off ha.

TurboV6Camaro and I helped a few of his neighbors work on their truck while we were putting the turbo on my car several years ago too. They didn't have a decent set of tools or any knowledge of cars so we lent them some tools and helped them out. They gave us some beer for it :D
                  sigpic
                  1997 Camaro RS A4
                  2006 Chevy Colorado
                  2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Helping others out is the way to happiness in your life.

"The real way to get happiness is by giving out happiness to other people. Try and leave this world a little better than you found it and when your turn comes to die, you can die happy in feeling that at any rate you have not wasted your time but have done your best."

- Lord Robert Baden-Powell of Gilwell
                    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

I helped a lady change a tire on her van, while her punk grandiose sat there and told me I was doing it wrong, but had sat there for at least a half hour failing at it, and I got it done in like 5 minutes.. then had wings.

Comment

I remember a few summers ago I was stuck in traffic in the boiling hot summer...no A/C and my car is black on black with leather. I had a bottle of water that was piss warm. I saw an old guy in a lambo that had passed me a little while earlier had pulled off to the side and was trying to push his car onto the shoulder because it overheated...I pulled off and gave him a hand...why not, not like I was going anywhere quickly anyways, and besides...how many people can say they pushed a broken down lambo off the road! lol.

I would never give a stranger a ride somewhere though, and I usually will not pull off on the highway to help someone...I might if it was a young girl, and even then I would probably not give them a ride anywhere... too risky...people are crazy these days never know what people are capable of. I mean, just the other day I read about a mother pleading infantcide defence because she stuck her kid in the oven and killed it...People are just capable of anything these days...

Comment

I do remember a cute chick with a not so new BMW with rims on it had a flat. He stock tire iron could fit in to get her lugnuts off... I was on my way to a car meet, I ran back home(down the street) and got some sockets and my1/2 drive, by the time I got back her brother was there, used my tools but I was hoping to see some boobies. :(

Comment

I find that American's are so much better at doing things like that than Canadians are.

The other day my college had an open house and I must have been asked 20 times walking around campus by lost parents how to get somewhere, I know it's something small but that's the last thing I can remember.

We've had a lot of snow this year and I've pulled quite a few people out. I enjoy the feeling of helping people.
                            In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
                            2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

ya but thats because everyone in the USA owns a gun...so if someone pulls one on them, they just pull one back lol...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X