Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ever help a total stranger?

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
    ya but thats because everyone in the USA owns a gun...so if someone pulls one on them, they just pull one back lol...
    ^ This is actually true. Here everyone is so paranoid about being taken advantage of. It's actually sad.
    In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
    2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

ya but thats because everyone in the USA owns a gun...so if someone pulls one on them, they just pull one back lol...
      what are you talking about?

:slowlypullsgun:

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
        what are you talking about?

:slowlypullsgun:
        hahaha...man when I was down seeing my cousin we went into an Army surplus store....man you should see some of the crazy people in there...you'd swear some of them have no buisness being in there...let alone should they even be allowed to own a firearm...some of those guys were damn near ready to shoot a place up...

Im never paranoid about being taken advantage of...but having someone in your car that is a total stranger, with you driving puts you in a very vulnerable situation...you can't exactly focus on them when you need to focus on the road...if they pull a weapon on you while your driving its not like you can really do much fighting back.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

anyone that gets in my car knows better before hand. i dont play that **** and keep an insurance policy on hand.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          Or this

Comment

Same. I'll pick up people that need a ride but I keep my gun in my lap and make it very clear that I don't mind helping but not to try anything. I haven't met a single person that didn't understand 100%.

Comment

sometime last year i helped a elderly man find his car in jfk's airport parking terminal and that parking lot is really huge!!..that time i was using my parent's '07 tahoe and i was about to leave and i see him wandering all over..he came over to ask me if i seen his car..and i was like..lol what does it look like? he says all he can remember is it has a tire in the back..the color is green and its a geo...soo then tracker popped into my head..so i told him to hop in and we will look...first i was worried cuz he had a cane and i was wondering if he had the cane looka like with the sword...then i was like whatever i have onstar lol...anyways we ended up finding it...all the way on the other side of the lot..like really far...he offered to pay me..but i couldnt take it..

Comment

Originally posted by Shodown View Post
                A few years ago I helped an elderly guy change a tire in the pouring rain on his mid 90's Toyota Camry. I knew he couldn't do it himself and he looked miserable so I pulled over and helped him out. It was summer time in Florida so it wasn't freezing cold and the rain actually felt good and cooled us off ha.

TurboV6Camaro and I helped a few of his neighbors work on their truck while we were putting the turbo on my car several years ago too. They didn't have a decent set of tools or any knowledge of cars so we lent them some tools and helped them out. They gave us some beer for it :D
                woah didnt know you knew andrew personally lol
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
                  anyone that gets in my car knows better before hand. i dont play that **** and keep an insurance policy on hand.
                  told you, you all have guns lol....

Comment

This reminds me of a thread posted on Reddit.com a few months ago:
                    http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/co...hhiker/c18z0z2 (the highlighted text)
                    There are a ton of good stories in that thread about helping strangers on the road. "Today you, tomorrow me".... man that'll stick with me forever. I've been on the lookout for stranded travelers ever since lol
                    sigpic

Comment

told you, you all have guns lol....
                      lol i have a few, im trying to talk a buddy of mine out of his AR-15 right now but he wont budge on it.

Follow me!
                      Or this

Comment

Originally posted by marvelrunner View Post
                        So I give him a hand feeding the wires through the car and connecting a cable to the battery. I spent like maybe an hour and a half helping him. It feels pretty good just helping someone out.
                        1.5 Hrs to run a power cable for an amp?

damn.
                        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by firebirddrvr View Post
                          woah didnt know you knew andrew personally lol
                          Yup, we used to live about 5 mins from each other in Ft. Walton Beach, FL.
                          sigpic
                          1997 Camaro RS A4
                          2006 Chevy Colorado
                          2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

I always try to help people, although I haven't had many chances. The one time that I did, it was some older man, 400ish lbs, and I believe slightly mentally handicapped, who had drove himself out of fuel about 15min from a gas station. I drove past, and thought about it, hit the next off ramp and got turned around, thinking, if he's still there I'll see whats up, and sure enough he was. I get turned around again so we were on the same side of the road, and picked him up. (That little v6 'maro sure wasn't appreciative though!) Got him to the station, got some fuel, and brought him back. Come to find out he didnt have a funnel, I always carry one for my trans fluid and engine oil just in case, as well as a quart of each, so I just gave it to him, figured that the 2 gallon jug might not get him all the way, and if it didn't at least he'd be a step or two ahead than the last time. The man was extremely happy and tried to pay, I declined, being as I really didn't go far out of my way and it's rewarding in its own effort. But he left me 5 bucks in my cup holder anyway.

Not something terribly amazing, but I have been the one alongside the road, I have been the one using 5 coat hangers and some screw drivers to unlock my running car, I have been the guy who left something on and drained the battery, and its just FRUSTRATING to see everyone act like you weren't there.

I like that story, about the jeep, and it is strangely true about how the Hispanic immigrants are the most helpful, and understanding group of people. The truck shop I work at employs a hispanic man who started his life in the US 10 years ago, and he works the shop and as a FedEx supervisor everyday, 16hrs a day, and the biggest and most important advice he's given me was "It's not about the money." Sounds redundant, especially in an economy like this, but it's true none the less.

/rant :banana:

Comment

I got one...except this time the tables were turned...guy gave me a hand for once... I was on my way to work and in the left hand turn lane when my car all of a sudden just shuts down...(Icm as I would find out later)...so Im at the front of the line in the intersection, and nowhere really to push it...people laying on their horn as they go around me and I put my hood up and can't do sh*t...I call my dad to come down as I am about 5 minutes from the house, in the meantime a tow truck guy shows up...tells me he'll tow me across the street for $50 because if a cop sees me impeding traffic he'll write me a 100$ fine and call in a tow truck which will run me atleast $75 ontop of that. I tell the guy no I have CAA/AAA and will get it done for free...he goes "I hope the cops come and write you a ticket"...thanks bud...all Im thinking is, of all the damn times I've boosted peoples cars, given em a hand with flats etc...I need help now and not a single damn person on a saturday afternoon will help if it doesnt mean quick cash in their pocket. Gutless.

Long story short my dad shows up and we start rolling the car backwards on this main street little by little as cars move out of the way, then on a red light we push it across 3 lanes and down a side street, we wheel this thing a good 2.5 blocks trying to push it home when an older guy sees me...tells me he has some tools and used to tinker with cars...turns out he fixes appliances and knows a bunch about electrical systems...guy helps me figure out the ICM was bad (even offered me a beer lol)...I pull it, grab a new one at the parts store and the car fires up smooth as butter.

Needless to say, I'll still swing by his tommorrow with a 12 pack for him, just to show my appreciation...it made my day a whole lot better, tell ya that much.

Comment

like 2 weeks before Christmas last year in the pouring rain helped a guy get his sedan off the hill net to the road and the guy that tried to pull him out at first got stuck too. the worst part I was wearing my new firebird hoodie that set me back 70 bucks and it was soaked.:cry: still got him out. I also get called to a lot of accidents and house fires ( volunteer fire fighter)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X