trading to an lt1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: trading to an lt1

Theres nothing wrong with a strong 3800.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I can't say I blame him, I have my old 3.4 just sittin up on blocks right now. Granted LT's might be the satan's handy work when it comes to working on them but here in the south, anything that's even related to LS series engines is like gold. I.E. there was a 02 z28 6 speed car with a REBUILT TITLE and chipping paint for sale for 8k with close to 100K on the clock not far from my house, my buddy was only able to talk him down to 7.5 before he bought it. And the only reason he bought it was because it was so clean besides the hood and front bumper.

These are just Camaro's and thats the cheaper end of the spectrum, start looking at Formula's and TA's and they start at 10k and go up with around 80-100k on them, less miles and the owners want 15k+ for em.

Even some LT cars go for well over 6k. Just recently I stopped and looked at a sexy 95 Ram Air at a lot not far from here. Im talking immaculate, 122k, 7250 and it only sat there for around 3 weeks and it was gone.

Comment

Welll good luck with the new project, I hope everything works out for you and **** doesn't go south cause it sounds like your going to be putting a lot of time and money into this thing.
        3M MAFIA
        ________
        | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
        Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Swindez95 View Post
          I can't say I blame him, I have my old 3.4 just sittin up on blocks right now. Granted LT's might be the satan's handy work when it comes to working on them but here in the south, anything that's even related to LS series engines is like gold. I.E. there was a 02 z28 6 speed car with a REBUILT TITLE and chipping paint for sale for 8k with close to 100K on the clock not far from my house, my buddy was only able to talk him down to 7.5 before he bought it. And the only reason he bought it was because it was so clean besides the hood and front bumper.

These are just Camaro's and thats the cheaper end of the spectrum, start looking at Formula's and TA's and they start at 10k and go up with around 80-100k on them, less miles and the owners want 15k+ for em.

Even some LT cars go for well over 6k. Just recently I stopped and looked at a sexy 95 Ram Air at a lot not far from here. Im talking immaculate, 122k, 7250 and it only sat there for around 3 weeks and it was gone.
          He's right, I live in Mobile, and LS1 cars are pricey, hence why its cheaper for me to just keep the ole 6'er.

OP-I would have done it, hell, you weren't driving the 6cyl anyways. Have fun with it!
          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

And another thing is that it will be a ***** to sell if you ever decide to sell it.. Its not like you went from a 3.8-LS1 translplant its going from a LS1-LT1 transplant..
            Jeff ..
            1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
            2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
            1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
            http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

its a 1994 Pontiac Trans AM...just ran the carfax.... 4 accidents and a SALVAGE TITLE, 262,000 miles at last odometer reading. its had a salvage title since 1996...

car was essentially totalled in 1996 then rebuilt properly for a rebuilt title...thennnnn in 2000 with 123k it was totalled AGAIN. it was "rebuilt" and a salvage title was issued and THEN it was hit in 2002 and again in 2005...

you got a car that has a story like ive never seen before...and i run carfaxes for a living lol

4 accidents (2 being a total loss) is unreal man haha
              Last edited by Niko97RS; 05-23-2011, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Wow....knowin that I dunno if I would have got it or not but then again you know how insurance companies are, they will total some vehicles for just a little bumper support damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Niko97RS View Post
                  its a 1994 Pontiac Trans AM...just ran the carfax.... 4 accidents and a SALVAGE TITLE, 262,000 miles at last odometer reading. its had a salvage title since 1996...

car was essentially totalled in 1996 then rebuilt properly for a rebuilt title...thennnnn in 2000 with 123k it was totalled AGAIN. it was "rebuilt" and a salvage title was issued and THEN it was hit in 2002 and again in 2005...

you got a car that has a story like ive never seen before...and i run carfaxes for a living lol

that car is nothing more than scrap metal..... The title will kill it, not worth putting money into it. Sell the scrap, start over.
                  1995 Pontiac Firebird
                  2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Wow. Everything is pretty straight except the front frame where the radiator mounts has been replaced and the inner front driver fender is bent some. Lol. It's a project car for a reason.

Comment

Also, I have a 2000 firebird collecting dust I don't drive lol. Perfect working order minus egr code and some rocker panel damage but I have ground fx to cover it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Niko97RS View Post

HOLY CRAP!!! no deal howie!

project car or not, being able to resell is a big issue...i wouldn't pay a lick for a car with that kind of history.
                        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

how about, "Hey Derek, good luck on the car. The title sucks but have fun anyways! That hugger orange paint looks cool." lol

Comment

Hey Derek, I wish you a LOT of luck with the car. The title absolutely sucks but have fun anyway! I thought that paint was red.

Comment

from another LT1 owner, good luck. I haven't had much issues with mine, only repairs so far was a clutch ( my fault ), a water pump, and now I'm in need of a coolant overflow tank. I'm sure I'll have alot more tougher things to do in the future. I plan on installing headers in a week or so, that'll hit the top of the list for sure.

If you part it out, let me know I could use a few parts :D
                              1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                              1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
                              1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
                              2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

So the guy told you it was a 99 T/A and it had a LS1 in it but he dropped a LT1 in it when actually it is a 94 T/A and probably has always had a LT1 in it?? If I were you I would trade back with him. This is not a project its a curse!!
                                Jeff ..
                                1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
                                2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
                                1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
                                http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                  New Owner!
                                  by LETZRIDE
                                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                  17 hours ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Little work today
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • LETZRIDE
                                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X