trading to an lt1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trading to an lt1

Well, looks like I'm trading my 93 camaro v6. BUT, I'm going to be getting a 99 T/A in return. I only wish they would have kept the ls1 in it. It does have a built lt1 in it right now. The guys swears it would half track his old z28 he had traded to it. All I need to do is put the front end back together. It looks to be a ws6 model with the factory ram air hood. not sure though. He started it up for me and it sounds like one hell of a beast. I've also talked to a few people who knew the car and they told me it would flat fly out from underneath me. I was told it had around 2k put into the motor. It was set up for nitrous but they took the bottles out and left all the gauges. I think overall, it's a pretty good deal. Been dying for a v8 anyways. I still have the 00 firebird to play with once I finish the t/a.

Re: trading to an lt1

Someone is trading you a 93 camaro v6 for a 99 trans am?
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Pics!
      sigpic

Comment

I was always told that if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is. Good luck.
        #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Why would someone put an LT1 in a 99 Trans Am?

Comment

i wouldnt touch that car.

something isnt right, who would put an lt1 in that car, most people would put an SBC in it, but not an lt1..

Comment

I dont understand why they would do that? is there drugs in your maro?
              Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
              1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
              1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
              2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

gotta see pics man. good luck, hope you dont get burned!

Comment

Thats kinda like taking a 3800 V6 Camaro and swapping in a 2.8. wtf??

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98 View Post
                    Someone is trading you a 93 camaro v6 for a 99 trans am?
                    Well, he said that 99 trans am has an LT1 in it. He also said he needs to put the front end together, so thus it was probably crashed. So, a 2-3k car that needs a lot of work for a good condition 93 camaro v6 that doesn't need any work doesn't sound too bad.

Comment

Well, from what I can figure the guy that owned it before this guy was into racing and had a built lt1 he wanted to use or blew up the ls1. The guy told me it didn't have a scratch on it when he got it. After 3 days of having it, someone tried to steal it and didn't even make it out of the hollow before he crashed it. The front was put on a frame machine and straightened out (i know the guy who did it and he doesn't half *** anything). That's why the front was taken apart. I have to hook the radiator up and re-assemble the front clip and headlights, do a little painting and it would look awesome. The car has sat for a year and a half and it started right up after he jump started it (dead bat.). All in all, I don't think it's too bad of a trade. It's everything I'm looking for except its not a manual. That can be fixed later. I'm going to be getting a really good job and I'll be able to spend a little extra cash on it to get her looking good. I don't think re-assembling the front will be that bad at all, I'll still have my firebird to reference things. I can always save up and put an ls1 back in it if I choose to. I'll be going tomorrow to sign over the title and hopefully will have the thing this weekend if I can find a way to transport it. The guy already has all the parts to re-assemble the car. He was in a bad wreck and the damages keep him from fixing it himself. He really justs wants a 6 cylinder for his daughter. He was also offered a mustang around the 2000 model era that has a wicked paint job and no motor and he chose my car instead. I'm not going to lie, it'll break my heart to see my first car drive off, but 7 years is a good run.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek3.4 View Post
                        Well, from what I can figure the guy that owned it before this guy was into racing and had a built lt1 he wanted to use or blew up the ls1. The guy told me it didn't have a scratch on it when he got it. After 3 days of having it, someone tried to steal it and didn't even make it out of the hollow before he crashed it. The front was put on a frame machine and straightened out (i know the guy who did it and he doesn't half *** anything). That's why the front was taken apart. I have to hook the radiator up and re-assemble the front clip and headlights, do a little painting and it would look awesome. The car has sat for a year and a half and it started right up after he jump started it (dead bat.). All in all, I don't think it's too bad of a trade. It's everything I'm looking for except its not a manual. That can be fixed later. I'm going to be getting a really good job and I'll be able to spend a little extra cash on it to get her looking good. I don't think re-assembling the front will be that bad at all, I'll still have my firebird to reference things. I can always save up and put an ls1 back in it if I choose to. I'll be going tomorrow to sign over the title and hopefully will have the thing this weekend if I can find a way to transport it. The guy already has all the parts to re-assemble the car. He was in a bad wreck and the damages keep him from fixing it himself. He really justs wants a 6 cylinder for his daughter. He was also offered a mustang around the 2000 model era that has a wicked paint job and no motor and he chose my car instead. I'm not going to lie, it'll break my heart to see my first car drive off, but 7 years is a good run.
                        hey bro i wish you the best of luck on this venture. i dunno it just sounds like a giant puzzle. but then again im always hesitant to believe people. anyway as soon as you get back from getting the car we want pics!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kdm212 View Post
                          hey bro i wish you the best of luck on this venture. i dunno it just sounds like a giant puzzle. but then again im always hesitant to believe people. anyway as soon as you get back from getting the car we want pics!!!
                          thanks man.

Comment

Originally posted by bigairboarder44 View Post
                            Why would someone put an LT1 in a 99 Trans Am?

My exact thoughts!.

Run a Vin before you trade!.:banana:

Comment

Well, I'm thinking its really a 94 and someone put the 98+ front on it., I got the vin from him. here it is. let me know what you all think. 2g2fv22p1r2205912. Still might trade though. not for sure

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X