Second amendment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Second amendment

Yes....lots.guns = fun . More guns, more fun. No but seriously I used to be big into hunting.But now I just target shoot about once a month. So let me ask everyone this???What are buyingand carrying laws like in your state? In VT 18 to purchase a long arm. 21 to purchase handguns. You can legally conceal and carry a pistol with no permit here. You can carry loaded pistols in a vehicle but not loaded rifles. No restriction on how close the rifle can be to mag/clip/ammo! I know the laws suck in Mass and NY is almost as bad. So how about your gun laws???

Comment

I'm moving to Vermont :)

Comment

Originally posted by Rhunadan View Post
        Up here in the great white north, we love our guns too. We're just more discreet about it. I'm the proud owner of an AR-15, M-14, Colt .45acp, .30-30, the list goes on. Culturally, many Canadians hunt and enjoy shooting sports, but we're not allowed to use our guns for self defense. We can't even use a human silhouette as a target. The local swat team destroys all their targets when they're done so we can't use them. I don't know what's involved in buying a firearm in the States, but here we need to take a safety course and have no previous criminal record. Then you can buy all the guns your wife will let you.

Cheers.
        hell here they practically give the damn things away as long as youre not a felon. we have a few here, nothing cool though, just a little something something for some poor idiot to suck on if they ever break in our house.

once my daughter gets older ill probably have enough guns to take out an army. ive already priced out Barrett M95s and ill have one in my collection to scare the **** out of any little bastard that looks at her.lol

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

In WY, you go in, fill out the paperwork, they make the call, you walk out with the gun. Have to have a CCW permit if you're gonna conceal, otherwise you can pack/have anything in the car; rifle, pistol, machine gun, it doesn't matter. Lol.

Comment

Here it was you needed a CC permit unless in law enforcement, in Sept, new law anyone can carry aslong if their not a felon of course. Minors can have a rifle at 16 aslong as the parent signs off of it.In vehicle they can be anywhere, just need to let the officer know when they walk up you have weapons inthe car and keep both hands on the wheel at all times unless instructed otherwise by the officer. Either the offcier will tell you to leave the weapon there and take you out and do a pat down and put you in the back of his car then get the weapon or he will instruct you to take the firearm if in reaching distance to pick it up by the butt of the gun and hand it to him slowly, all the while his firearm his pointed right at you , which he will say this is for your protrction and his so take no offense having a firearm pointed at your head. LOL He will then clear the firearm and out it in his car and then talk to you. Unless more than 1 officer shows up then it goes alot quicker.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I just went out and bought my first gun, a Mossberg 500, 20 gauge shotgun. I decided it was finally time to get a gun just in case they get banned in CA. I have to wait 10 days for the background check, and then I get to bring it home.

Oakland is getting to be a very scary place to live. My neighbor was robbed at gunpoint last Monday at 9 AM in front of her garage. So that's what finally gave me the drive to go out and buy one.

I'm going to have to take it to a firing range to get used to firing it and learn how to clean it and maintain it. From what I've heard at the gun shop, a shotgun is a lot easier to take care of for a newbie.

I still have 10 days to change my gun selection, so if you guys know of a better gun I should get that doesn't cost over $500, please let me know.

By the way, I chose a shotgun because I'm a lousy shooter (complete newbie), the 20 gauge is big enough to spread out and hit the target but it won't go through walls (that's what I've been told). It also doesn't kick as hard as a 12 gauge, and I think the "chick-chick" loading noise is loud and scary enough to scare off any robber, either that, or it will get me killed right away if the criminal is packing an automatic. Hopefully, I'll never have to find out.

Should I change my gun selection? What would you get for under $500?
              2001 white Firebird (completely stock)<br /><br />2003 Civic LX sedan for my daily commute. 115 hp (Yes, pathetic, but gets me 36 mpg!)

Comment

Ruger 10-22, Mossberg 20 gauge pump-action, and a Colt Junior .25 ACP :D

Comment

So stereotypical of Camaro owners LOL. I love it.

If guns were allowed in my house you can bet I'd have at least one. I envy your second amendment, you can't count on the police to save your life every time something goes wrong.

Offense is the best defence.

Seeing you guys list your guns makes me green with envy...
                  In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
                  2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Originally posted by crazygrrrl View Post
                    I just went out and bought my first gun, a Mossberg 500, 20 gauge shotgun. I decided it was finally time to get a gun just in case they get banned in CA. I have to wait 10 days for the background check, and then I get to bring it home.

Oakland is getting to be a very scary place to live. My neighbor was robbed at gunpoint last Monday at 9 AM in front of her garage. So that's what finally gave me the drive to go out and buy one.
                    I was gonna say, if Jerry Brown had his way there you wouldn't be able to have a gun eventhough you are a good citizen.

Oakland is insane. I would get out of there if I were you.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

everytime right before I deploy, and almost exercised that right on some donks this last time out, 9mm at a time
                      1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                      2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                      94 comero 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by crazygrrrl View Post
                        By the way, I chose a shotgun because I'm a lousy shooter (complete newbie), the 20 gauge is big enough to spread out and hit the target but it won't go through walls (that's what I've been told). It also doesn't kick as hard as a 12 gauge, and I think the "chick-chick" loading noise is loud and scary enough to scare off any robber, either that, or it will get me killed right away if the criminal is packing an automatic. Hopefully, I'll never have to find out.

Should I change my gun selection? What would you get for under $500?
                        Sounds like a good selection to me. Mossberg is a great name when it comes to pump guns, and I'm a BIG fan of the 20 gauge round. I shot skeet semi-competitively for 6 years and plenty of times had the opportunity to move up to 12 gauge, but always refused. The 20 packs a big punch and should suit your needs just fine.

Since you'll be using it for home defense, check your state laws on minimum shotgun barrel length and try to get a barrel close to that length (here in MD it's 18"). Barrels are very easy to switch out, so if the gun you have ordered comes with a 26 or 28" barrel, don't fret just yet.
                        sigpic

Comment

I recently obtained my Ohio conceal carry permit. I took a 12 hour course that my boss teaches, "Patriot Firearms Academy", filed my form and passport photo with the sheriff's department and received the permit in 7 weeks.

My two choices for concel carry come down to my Glock 23 and Taurus PT-111 Millenium. I carry the Glock more often for three simple reasons - no safety, comfortable fit and I prefer .45 over 9mm. The recoil of the 23 is more significant than that of my Glock 27. The 27 has less recoil but is a bit more bulky when carrying on the side.

Does anyone have experience with firing Kahr's?

Comment

I would get out of Oakland if I could afford it. House prices in the bay area are still astronomical. It's hard to find a good place to live for under $300,000. And rent in good cities cost an arm and a leg.

Oakland is now the 5th most dangerous place to live in the USA. (1st was St. Louis, MO, then Camden, NJ, Detroit was 3rd and Flint was 4th.)

That's why I bought a gun.

I wouldn't be too surprised if Gov Brown does take away the 2nd amendment rights for Californians. Right now, our bay area/northern california lawmakers are trying to change or ban the open carry law, and make it illegal to openly carry guns in public places.
                            2001 white Firebird (completely stock)<br /><br />2003 Civic LX sedan for my daily commute. 115 hp (Yes, pathetic, but gets me 36 mpg!)

Comment

Originally posted by Heywood View Post
                              Sounds like a good selection to me. Mossberg is a great name when it comes to pump guns, and I'm a BIG fan of the 20 gauge round. I shot skeet semi-competitively for 6 years and plenty of times had the opportunity to move up to 12 gauge, but always refused. The 20 packs a big punch and should suit your needs just fine.

Since you'll be using it for home defense, check your state laws on minimum shotgun barrel length and try to get a barrel close to that length (here in MD it's 18"). Barrels are very easy to switch out, so if the gun you have ordered comes with a 26 or 28" barrel, don't fret just yet.
                              Thanks. I think the Mossberg I bought has an 18.5" barrel. I'm sure it's legal in CA because I bought it from a reputable dealer, and licensed gun shops can't sell illegal firearms or parts.

By the way, does the length of the barrel affect the way a gun shoots? (Sorry if this is a dumb question. As I mentioned before, I'm a complete newbie to guns.)

Is a longer barrel better or worse for home defense?

Comment

This is my new toy :D Sig Sauer 522 with a Barska red dot. Very accurate and extremely fun to shoot.

sigpic
                                1997 Camaro RS A4
                                2006 Chevy Colorado
                                2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X