Second amendment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Second amendment

My g/f got me a 20 gauge Winchester Speed-pump for my birthday earlier this year... I had been skeet-shooting in the past a few times, but I've probably gone over 30 times since March. It's addicting as hell... I'm looking at a 12 gauge over-under right now and plan to start looking for a good muzzle loader here soon since you can't hunt rifle in Ohio (lame)
    Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
    Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Originally posted by T-Mill View Post
      My g/f got me a 20 gauge Winchester Speed-pump for my birthday earlier this year... I had been skeet-shooting in the past a few times, but I've probably gone over 30 times since March. It's addicting as hell... I'm looking at a 12 gauge over-under right now and plan to start looking for a good muzzle loader here soon since you can't hunt rifle in Ohio (lame)
      Model 1300? Thats what I roll with in a 12 gauge. :rock: Love killin' clay birds. You could always just do the mature thing and buy a 12 gauge slug gun; then hunt with it and still kill clay birds. :tup:

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
        only in america :rolleyes:
        Yeah no kidding lol..
        Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
        1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
        1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
        2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Originally posted by dgreet77 View Post
          Model 1300? Thats what I roll with in a 12 gauge. :rock: Love killin' clay birds. You could always just do the mature thing and buy a 12 gauge slug gun; then hunt with it and still kill clay birds. :tup:
          Yep, 1300... I actually prefer the 20 guage for skeet. I've had problems with my shoulder and after about 100 shells the 12 gauge can really take it's toll. If I do go hunting this season, I'll probably go with my gf's dad and use one of his guns, knowing him he'd probably give me the gun if I got a good buck with it... Still not sure if hunting is my thing, so I'm not going to invest much in it just yet, for now I'm content with skeet and trap shooting
          Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
          Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
            only in america :rolleyes:
            Yeah? This country was founded by drunks with guns. It's how we roll.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Yep, 1300... I actually prefer the 20 guage for skeet. I've had problems with my shoulder and after about 100 shells the 12 gauge can really take it's toll. If I do go hunting this season, I'll probably go with my gf's dad and use one of his guns, knowing him he'd probably give me the gun if I got a good buck with it... Still not sure if hunting is my thing, so I'm not going to invest much in it just yet, for now I'm content with skeet and trap shooting

I have always been looking for a old 10 ga. shotgun, my Dad had one in W.V. when we were little and left it there , now noone knows where it is back there. Now that would be a beast of a gun. LOL
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                I have always been looking for a old 10 ga. shotgun, my Dad had one in W.V. when we were little and left it there , now noone knows where it is back there. Now that would be a beast of a gun. LOL

true that... nothin says "beast" like a 10 gauge...
                disclaimer: \"warning.. this post may contain somewhat of a funny comment if read properly... take my comment out of context at your own discretion...\"

Comment

Oh hell yeah :rock: The best skeet shooters I knew always practiced with a gauge or two smaller than what they competed with anyway. The leads are the same, but with a smaller gauge the room for error is smaller. 20 gauge still packs a hell of a punch too, but too many people automatically give it a bad rap.

If you do decide to go the 12 gauge route, get a semi-auto gun. An O/U will be harder on your shoulder, believe it. Beretta, Browning, and Remington all make great gas guns.

(Funny, now that I think about it, I remember that my dad sold his skeet gun to help me pay for my Firebird. It was an SKB 785 in 12 ga. with 20 ga. Briley tubes.)
                  sigpic

Comment

The only reason I'm considering getting a 12 gauge over under is because there's a specific gun I'm looking at. It's a Ruger that was my gf's grandpa's gun at one point. It's easily a $2000 gun, but the guy who owns it now said he'd let it go to me for $700. It'd be a gun I'll keep forever and pass it on someday. If all I wanted was a 12-gauge then I'd be right there with ya on the semi-auto. I almost bought a Remington Semi-auto a few weeks ago when I stopped at Cabela's... If I get this job I interviewed for last week, maybe I'll buy it as a present to myself... lol
                    Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

The only reason I'm considering getting a 12 gauge over under is because there's a specific gun I'm looking at. It's a Ruger that was my gf's grandpa's gun at one point. It's easily a $2000 gun, but the guy who owns it now said he'd let it go to me for $700. It'd be a gun I'll keep forever and pass it on someday.
                      Now thats just badass. :rock: Nothing better than old school guns with meaning to them that you can pass down.

There isn't anything wrong with a 20 gauge, in fact a bunch of my buddies shoot 20's. I just roll with my 12 cause I like it; and I'm too broke to justify a 20, although I will accept donations. Lol.

Comment

wow lot more interest here than i thought. I tryed a O/U 12, a semi-auto 12 and a pump 20 and left with a bruised shoulder thanks to the 12 gau's

Comment

Theres a place in Prescott thats selling a 12ga. side by side thats kick @ss, its the Evil Dead shot gun, I swear looks just like it. Its only like $250 I should of just bought it, maybe this next time I go up. I still love my Win. Defender 1200 with syn. stock and pistol grips. If I wouldn't of spent $1500 on my bed I could of got some bad@ss guns. If anyone knows of a 10 ga. shotgun, PM me.
                          Last edited by ssms5411; 08-09-2010, 06:59 AM.
                          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Up here in the great white north, we love our guns too. We're just more discreet about it. I'm the proud owner of an AR-15, M-14, Colt .45acp, .30-30, the list goes on. Culturally, many Canadians hunt and enjoy shooting sports, but we're not allowed to use our guns for self defense. We can't even use a human silhouette as a target. The local swat team destroys all their targets when they're done so we can't use them. I don't know what's involved in buying a firearm in the States, but here we need to take a safety course and have no previous criminal record. Then you can buy all the guns your wife will let you.

Cheers.

Comment

for most states you just need a background check and for hand guns add a 3 day wait period

Comment

Originally posted by A fireman View Post
                                for most states you just need a background check and for hand guns add a 3 day wait period
                                I know here in AZ since I was in law enforcement , i get my guns on the spot, I'm driving up tomorrow to pick up a new Century Arms side by side 12ga. and a Century CETME .308 semi auto( A buddy loaned one to me he had about 10 years ago and it was a nice rifle but it kept jamming, I know he wanted $300 for it at the time, I couldn't do it) now this one is only around $500 , so I can't resist. I was going to get a AK but this will blow a AK out of the water. LOL Tomorrow its on , the side by side is for my Dad , since he doesn't have a shotgun, he always said he would like the side by sides rather than the pump shotgun. Hes helped me so much through the years with my car I try to get my Mom and Dad stuff now and then to make up for it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X