The Expendables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Expendables

The matinees are $9 here. If you think that's ridiculous, wait til you see how much they charge for popcorn and soda.

I usually just rent movies on Netflix, but I've seen the trailer for this movie and it seems to be worth the price. When does it start? I haven't seen it advertised here at all.

My condolences to anyone who was forced to watch Twilight against their will. I rented it and couldn't figure out why so many people liked it. ...A sparkly vampire who falls romantically in love with his food? The anime Hellsing is much more entertaining. Maybe it's a cultural thing? I couldn't figure out Napoleon Dynamite either.
    2001 white Firebird (completely stock)<br /><br />2003 Civic LX sedan for my daily commute. 115 hp (Yes, pathetic, but gets me 36 mpg!)

Comment

Originally posted by crazygrrrl View Post
      The matinees are $9 here. If you think that's ridiculous, wait til you see how much they charge for popcorn and soda.

I usually just rent movies on Netflix, but I've seen the trailer for this movie and it seems to be worth the price. When does it start? I haven't seen it advertised here at all.

My condolences to anyone who was forced to watch Twilight against their will. I rented it and couldn't figure out why so many people liked it. ...A sparkly vampire who falls romantically in love with his food? The anime Hellsing is much more entertaining. Maybe it's a cultural thing? I couldn't figure out Napoleon Dynamite either.
      Twilight is an emo movie. Haven't you notice the emos are biting each other with their implanted fangs and sucking each other's blood. And yet I see a bunch of them here at the 99 cent store pan handling.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Good lord 9 dollars for a matinee? They're half that overe here. Regardless, I don't watch movies at all. Most of the tripe coming out nowadays isn't even worth $4.50.

Comment

Originally posted by crazygrrrl View Post

...My condolences to anyone who was forced to watch Twilight against their will.
          Thank god for 38oz beers to numb the pain...
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

I saw Twilight with my wife.. well, she made me watch the first two before we went. $9.00 per ticket and we brought our own drinks and Sour Patch Kids. The movie was good but I doubt if I'll ever want to watch it again.

I couldn't wait to see The A-Team movie. I watched re-runs of the original television show on Spike TV a few years ago. Needless to say the movie sucked and I would rather watch all 3 Twilights before watching The A-Team movie again. FAIL!!

Hollywood didn't do a good job with The Dukes of Hazzard. They absolutely murdered Miami Vice which in my opinion is the the 2nd worst movie I have ever watched, Vanilla Sky being the first.

Can't wait to see The Expendables!

Comment

i just went and saw inception and grown ups. 12 for 2 people. 1.50 lg pop and 3.50 lg popcorn. good movies too grown ups is hilarious and inception was just awesome

Comment

inception was amazing. expendables will be good too!! cant wait!!!!!

Comment

As much as I celebrated going out to the movies for what it was worth back then, I'll pass on the modern day movie theater for several reasons...

1- Coming attractions and previews take forever.

2- I recall the funny penguin asking for a Sprite, an animated short movie trailer before the they hit the lights. I'm sure other zany cartoons you may have painfully endured but the trailers are worth noticing. They don't make them like they used to.

3- Bootleg dvds are only $5 maybe less.

4- Rowdy kids high on sugar.

5- As you enter the darkened theater with bucket of popcorn in one hand and a large soda in the other, you finally found that perfect spot for your visual experience only to slip on a buttery floor. :rant:

6- Sticky armrests.

7- Front rows and last rows against the wall are always taken. IMAX theaters rule however.

Good thread, back to the orginal topic.
                  Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

Saw it last night. It was awesome. Full of action and gore. I'm glad there's no single star highlights here. Everyone was covered.

For those of you who saw Twilight this the best movie to get your cajones back.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

I look forward to seeing it. My dad and I will probably be seeing it soon.

Also can't wait for Jack@ss 3. Just saw the trailer for it a couple of days ago and I remember how hard I laughed in the theaters for the second one (and almost threw up lol). So I'll definitely be seeing that one when it comes out, not in 3D of course. Here's the trailer for that if you haven't seen it yet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpTnAPKdFkE
                      -Travis-<br /><br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro-stock<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509</a>

Comment

Ticket prices and snack bar prices, which as far as im conscerned can kiss my big white irish a$$, is the reason why pirates play on the internet now!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X