update: ballermaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update: ballermaro

just wanted to keep you guys in the loop with the whereabouts of the 'maro since she's been hit.

went to the bodyshop to check up on things yesterday, and things are looking better. the repairs to the body and damage are nearly complete, and painting is being finished up. she looks put back together very well so far, and i talked with the manager there and got a great deal on painting the roof strip between the ttops and rear windshield factory gloss black, like the Z28's and SS's have --- something i've wanted to do for a while anyway. the rest of the damage to my aftermarket parts will be verified and appraised after the initial bodywork is done, hopefully the car will be back to me in a few weeks.

i took out the replacement gm corner lens so i can niteshade it and try to match it to my other one, that shouldn't be too much trouble. new projector halos are on the way to the shop to go in as well.

but the bad news is my rims (c6 z06) are apparently out of stock EVERYWHERE and are said to be possibly discontinued, so im SOL as far as getting them back. her company is completely liable for my car so from my understanding they must provide me with new rims of my choice since the car cant be put back as was. i'm a little sad i cant have my rims, but at the same time i've always wanted these:

deep dish c6 z06 :D

thinking about going staggered this time

what do you guys think? i love the deep dish look and i think staggered 17/18 might really bring it all together. i'm open to suggestions and comments.

if things work out that way, i suppose i'll have 3 nearly new 17 x 9.5 c6 z06 rims for sale if anyone is interested or needs replacements (even though i really want to put them on the ls1 but i'll have the odd number). i'll keep everyone posted if so.
    Last edited by BallerMaro13; 06-05-2010, 12:31 PM.
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Re: update: ballermaro

dude those deep dish c6zo6..... omg orgasmic. :P
    #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

lol my thoughts exactly
      pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic

Comment

sorry to hear about your car bro, glad it's getting fixed :). stay on his insurance company and don't take their bs, they often dont like paying for stuff (heh), especially mods.
        sigpic

Comment

I wouldnt mind a set of those deep dishes.. pretty sharp.. give it a shot.. let me know what you priced them at
          Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
          1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
          1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
          2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

I still like the deep dish chrome ZR1's but those do look good, I wouldn't thro thm away. LOL Did you get the deep dish idea from me, from the ZR1's?
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I'd probably trade you straight up my 18s for your 17s, that way I'd have the 17s all around I always wanted, and you would have 18" tires for the new ones you get and still have the 3 wheels. Too bad shipping would kill it. Good to hear it's coming along though.

I've been seriously considering buying a set of the machined face black powder-coated C6 Z06s to replace my chromies. Still unsure though.
              sigpic
              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
              1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Deep dishes would look amazing baller, cant wait to see the gloss black top, Ive been up in the air about doing that to mine. Glad to hear shes coming back together mang.
                3M MAFIA
                ________
                | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                sigpic

Comment

There goes steve again with his damn zr1s lol. I was toying with the idea of those when I got new rims. They look so delicious..I even did a photoshop of em on my car lol.

That's also with a photoshopped drop :D It looks so good that low I'm having a hard time not going to Summit and buying some new shocks and springs.

Comment

ever think about the new zr1 rims? something different. i think i may have seen only 1 or 2 fbods with them so far.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                    Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
                      ever think about the new zr1 rims? something different. i think i may have seen only 1 or 2 fbods with them so far.
                      i'm glad you brought that up bibber, those were my second choice but i still love the deep dish look better from what i've been looking at. i've seen them on a few fbodies and they look good, but i think they're a little "busy" for me --- and will be a pain in the @ss to clean all those spokes.

any thoughts from you guys on zr1's vs. dish z06's?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigairboarder44 View Post
                        There goes steve again with his damn zr1s lol. I was toying with the idea of those when I got new rims. They look so delicious..I even did a photoshop of em on my car lol.

That's also with a photoshopped drop :D It looks so good that low I'm having a hard time not going to Summit and buying some new shocks and springs.
                        Off topic but I just had to say.. Good job on the photoshop. I'm impressed.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

here's some zr1's on a t/a to compare:

t/a zr1 set

and on a 4th gen ss:

zr1 camaro

personally i think they look better on the birds than the maro's

sigpic

Comment

i think they'd look better in a gun metal finish but either car they look sexy to me. lol

my only issue is that neither one has been lowered so it looks a bit odd in those pics
                            Last edited by vanbibber; 06-07-2010, 06:32 PM.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                            Or this

Comment

agreed. if i ever did go with those it would be this set:

gunmetal zr1

and definitely looks odd without the drop, and i'm dropped over an inch so it would pull together pretty well i think, but i'm lovin the deep dish route --- it's just pure sexytime :D

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X