need opinions on an issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: need opinions on an issue

When I had my H/C 1980 Z28 with LT's no cats and Bullits I got stopped all the time.

That thing was loud and would wake the dead.

I got one ticket for excessive noise out of it.

But I also got a notice of repair and had to bring it in for them to look at and listen to.

I used 2 high flow cats an X pipe and 2 walker super Turbo's to pass.

Comment

If the guy planned on calling the cops he would've already.

If the old guys calling your buddy's, nephew's, father-in-law's, love child to get the message to you, he's not taking the issue very serious.
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

If you know you're not doing anything wrong then I wouldn't worry about it... I had ****ty neighbors at my old house and they called the cops on us every chance they got, but never spoke a word to us personally. Even when the cops were there, the neighbors would stand at their front window and watch with smug satisfaction... Some people just get a rise out of making other people's lives more difficult.

I highly doubt you'll have any problems with the cops as long as you don't give them any reason to... I drove around for almost a year with my exhaust dumped after the Y-pipe and never had any trouble...
        Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
        Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Let him pound sand.

Comment

Originally posted by sac2165 View Post
            If the guy planned on calling the cops he would've already.

If the old guys calling your buddy's, nephew's, father-in-law's, love child to get the message to you, he's not taking the issue very serious.
            I am sure they have already been called...they have been driving down the street a few times for the past 1.5 weeks. (they NEVER come down our streets unless they are called, its too quiet of a neighbourhood, if you see them, you know there has been a complaint of some sort.) I've seen them a number of times the last week or so, they've also been camping out on both of the side streets that feed into mine...thats a big indicator for me...cause like I said, you wont find them around here on the back streets... Anyways, they havent bothered with me yet, so I dont mind :D

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by Heywood View Post
              +1 on a muffler + cutout ;)
              Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
              she has both. cutouts open.
              Um, so............. Maybe close the cutout's and be respectful to your neighbors when your in your neighborhood?

Don't get me wrong, If I had them id probably have them open all the time too... but if I were getting complaints to the point where I thought my property wasnt safe, Id probably just close the cutouts instead of making a thread on an internet forum asking what to do about my loud exhaust problem that can be solved by just the flip of a switch.
              *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98 View Post
                Um, so............. Maybe close the cutout's and be respectful to your neighbors when your in your neighborhood?

Don't get me wrong, If I had them id probably have them open all the time too... but if I were getting complaints to the point where I thought my property wasnt safe, Id probably just close the cutouts instead of making a thread on an internet forum asking what to do about my loud exhaust problem that can be solved by just the flip of a switch.
                2 bolts actually. To me I hate to have the cutout closed, it sounds like it's fake, like the car actually has exhaust rather then any real work done to it. I have considered that option though...

I'm waiting for someone to come and talk to me personally. Im not doing anything until that happens. As far as I am concerned at this point, it is childish to go through other people to voice your problem, or to issue threats against me through them. If someone comes to talk to me, and isn't a d*ck, I'd consider closing the cutout or maybe looking into an E-cutout. I am not an a**hole, I can be reasonable. But like hell if I am going to bend over and take it from someone who thinks they own the neighbourhood and wants to act like a d*ck about it.

Like I said, I have never been talked to by ANY of my neighbours about anything...

You know, if you come to me and talk to me and were like "eh Mike, you know, I got little babies and your cars a little loud, its waking them up at night and causing some problems...is there something you can do?" ( or whatever, something like that) I'm more then willing to make some comprimises.

If you come up to me with a "F*ck you" attitude...you make me want to show you what "opening up my car" really means infront of your house...

You know, show some respect, get some respect. Like I said, its not like I go tearing through the neighbourhood. I don't go doing burnouts, and I creep out as quietly as possible at night/early in the morning. I am as considerate as possible keeping in mind that the car is loud but I like the sound...

Comment

Just ingore them people like to talk crap about people who they don't even know then its gets spread back to, they could of just made a comment then taken out of context, if they haven't said anything to you or left a note like most do I wouldn't worry about anything. Its just gossip, but still watch your car and people throwing nails in your driveway little crap like that. Let me know I fly out and maybe they just need some loving to cheer them up. LOL
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Before people didn't like the sound of my Firebird. They didn't like it driving down their neighborhood. But when I introduced myself to them and started to get to know each other they are like, when are you going to bring your Firebird around.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

My apologies, I was under the impression you had E-cutouts and not cutout plates.

if worse comes to worse, Thats always an option to spend a few bucks and buy an e-cutout and that should solve all your problems
                      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

I may just do that, but I am skeptical about the motors burning out.

Comment

Im not worried legally, Im worried about something escalating. I don't really blare the music, you will hear the car over the music lol. No doubt the cars loud...its Heads/cammed being dumped over the axle...

This is news to me out of the blue today...I know if he goes to the cops, the cops might come by the house, see everything is fine, and can't do anything. But thats the thing...is at that point people that are "crazy" like to take sh*t into there own hands. If he "knows" guys at our local division, I could also now be looking at getting several b.s tickets (on my CLEAN) record...depends on how much pull he has right...

I got the 2-way on the car, but I really just don't want to deal with the B.S...
                          I'm waiting for someone to come and talk to me personally. Im not doing anything until that happens. As far as I am concerned at this point, it is childish to go through other people to voice your problem, or to issue threats against me through them. If someone comes to talk to me, and isn't a d*ck, I'd consider closing the cutout or maybe looking into an E-cutout. I am not an a**hole, I can be reasonable. But like hell if I am going to bend over and take it from someone who thinks they own the neighbourhood and wants to act like a d*ck about it.

Like I said, I have never been talked to by ANY of my neighbours about anything...

You know, if you come to me and talk to me and were like "eh Mike, you know, I got little babies and your cars a little loud, its waking them up at night and causing some problems...is there something you can do?" ( or whatever, something like that) I'm more then willing to make some comprimises.

If you come up to me with a "F*ck you" attitude...you make me want to show you what "opening up my car" really means infront of your house...

You know, show some respect, get some respect. Like I said, its not like I go tearing through the neighbourhood.
                          Then why don't you just walk over to your neighbors and talk to them? Both of you are talking to every person possible about this problem, except to each other....and when people do that, the situation will escalate. The issue is, when people talk to everyone else but eachother about some problem, they tend to get all riled up over nothing; forum members here are egging you on with the "hurf hurf hurf stoopid b1ches can't tell u how to mod ur car lololol" and the neighbors are talking to whoever owns the house they're renting.

If you're so mature and "show some respect, get some respect" like you claim, pull on your big boy pants, walk down the street, and ring their doorbell. I'm willing to bet a large sum of money that the situation would be resolved amicably if you did that, instead of running onto an online car forum.

Comment

@LETZRIDE

I didn't read through the whole thread, but I'd say just forget about it. So what if some old guy down the street doesn't like you. I find that once a bad impression is made you won't be able to do much about it except give it time. Pushing the issue now will likely just escalate things (which can be fun!)

What can he do? Nothing! In my experience everyone that barks about "connections", "police" and "lawyers" are full of **** 99.9% of the time. If he could have your license taken away why wouldn't he just do it? Or have the cop come talk to you? Or have a letter sent to you from the PD? When I feel a lawyer needs to make contact for me regarding some issue, I don't call and threaten to have my lawyer threaten you. I have the lawyer send a certified letter...

Just let this issue work itself out. Don't be an *** to the guy, just keep doing what you're doing as long as you're really not causing a disturbance. Then if you do meet him at some point be a grownup. If he wants to talk about this issue, talk it out. If he doesn't then just forget about it and move on. You may find the guy forgets about it, or won't really feel like it's an issue when he meets you in person later on.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther View Post
                              Then why don't you just walk over to your neighbors and talk to them? Both of you are talking to every person possible about this problem, except to each other....and when people do that, the situation will escalate. The issue is, when people talk to everyone else but eachother about some problem, they tend to get all riled up over nothing; forum members here are egging you on with the "hurf hurf hurf stoopid b1ches can't tell u how to mod ur car lololol" and the neighbors are talking to whoever owns the house they're renting.

If you're so mature and "show some respect, get some respect" like you claim, pull on your big boy pants, walk down the street, and ring their doorbell. I'm willing to bet a large sum of money that the situation would be resolved amicably if you did that, instead of running onto an online car forum.
                              Because I dont even know what this guy looks like, Ive never met him in my life. And, I don't have the issue, apparently he does. Maybe he was just in a bad mood the day he called around. I dont know, I don't really care. I told my neighbour to tell his cousin to give him my number, or tell him to come by the house and talk to me if he has an issue. I have no problem talking to someone, but I am not going to go to them. They have an issue, they can come to me, then we'll talk. Hell, I'm outside alot washing the car/working on projects...its not like Im hiding anywhere.

Like I said, if and when he talks to me, maybe we can work something out. Until them I am going to choose to just forget about it. I posted here mainly because I was concerned for the cars (not just mine) when I was first told about it...I wanted some opinions. I never said F him, tough luck...thats the end of it... he can talk to me anytime...my cells on 24/7

I didn't read through the whole thread, but I'd say just forget about it. So what if some old guy down the street doesn't like you. I find that once a bad impression is made you won't be able to do much about it except give it time. Pushing the issue now will likely just escalate things (which can be fun!)

What can he do? Nothing! In my experience everyone that barks about "connections", "police" and "lawyers" are full of **** 99.9% of the time. If he could have your license taken away why wouldn't he just do it? Or have the cop come talk to you? Or have a letter sent to you from the PD? When I feel a lawyer needs to make contact for me regarding some issue, I don't call and threaten to have my lawyer threaten you. I have the lawyer send a certified letter...

Just let this issue work itself out. Don't be an *** to the guy, just keep doing what you're doing as long as you're really not causing a disturbance. Then if you do meet him at some point be a grownup. If he wants to talk about this issue, talk it out. If he doesn't then just forget about it and move on. You may find the guy forgets about it, or won't really feel like it's an issue when he meets you in person later on.
                              This is pretty much what I have decided to do. I am pretty good with law, I know that I havent done anything wrong and therefore my car cannot be towed/licence revoked legally. I doubt I will have an issue with the police, I have seen them around here frequently lately, but none have stopped to talk to me, and none have pulled me over when I have driven by.

the last thing I am worried about is the police or if he has "connections"

Comment

Because I dont even know what this guy looks like, Ive never met him in my life. And, I don't have the issue, apparently he does. Maybe he was just in a bad mood the day he called around. I dont know, I don't really care. I told my neighbour to tell his cousin to give him my number, or tell him to come by the house and talk to me if he has an issue. I have no problem talking to someone, but I am not going to go to them. They have an issue, they can come to me, then we'll talk. Hell, I'm outside alot washing the car/working on projects...its not like Im hiding anywhere.

Like I said, if and when he talks to me, maybe we can work something out. Until them I am going to choose to just forget about it. I posted here mainly because I was concerned for the cars (not just mine) when I was first told about it...I wanted some opinions. I never said F him, tough luck...thats the end of it... he can talk to me anytime...my cells on 24/7
                                alright, whatever. Hope your car doesn't get keyed/egged

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X