need opinions on an issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need opinions on an issue

So today I am at work and I get a phone call from a buddy (frequently comes around my house with his cousin) He tells me his cousin got a phone call from one of the neighbours down my street. Apparently this old guy is renting out the house to two girls or something like that...anyways, apparently they've complained to him about my car being too "loud"

He apparently told my buddies cousin to "tell that guy with the black camaro to fix his car and turn it down. All that guy does is speed up and down the street doing 100km/h (60mph). If he doesn't fix it I will for him, I know cops at __ division and will have his licence and car revoked"

Now, A) I don't speed in my neighbourhood...speed limits 50km/h and I do that or 60km/h... which is pretty standard. There are wayyy too many kids in the area and people with dogs to even risk speeding. I'm not stupid, and will not put other peoples lives in danger. To add to this, the stop sign that I travel to everyday (to get to the main road) is like 30 meters from my house...so its not even possible to really even speed, unless you are slamming your brakes at the corner everyday (which is not the case)

b) I don't drive up and down the street...I drive to work in the morning, and come home in the evening...or go to school during the year, so I have no idea what this means.

c) Ive never even seen this guy, and the people living in that house dont even talk to me, let alone even come to me to raise this issue.

My car is loud yes, but no louder then a Harley, and I coast as much as I can if I come home late, and go as easy as I can leaving in the morning if it is early.
    Apparently this guys a wack job (never met him, so I dont actually know), but this now has me worrying about the safety of our household vehicles.

I could careless if this guy gets cops involved, my car is not illegal, and I am not breaking any laws at any time while driving in my area (10km/h over the limit is acceptable by 99.9% of cops, its like 6mph over the limit for you guys)

I dont intend on changing anything on the car especially since whoever has this problem won't even talk to my face about it. I have seen a number of cops driving down the street lately (you never see them in our area, its a good area). Like I said, I am not worried about them, I can't loose my licence if I havent committed any offence, but at the same time I don't want to be some target on the road for trouble, and I don't want issues with my vehicle so that I need to sleep with 1 eye open.

No idea what provoked this, most people around here keep to themselves. My buddies cousin doesn't even know this guy, and how he managed to get his number we're still trying to figure that out...but according to this guy he has "connections"...I've lived here my whole life...anyone have any opinions?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: need opinions on an issue

Get him on video. Prove to the cops (if necessary) that he is more of an offender than you. If a car is loud, a car is loud. Like you said, it's no different than a harley, and I highly doubt that you blare rap in your car as if you were going deaf. Ultimately, you dont really need to do anything, but a good blackmail would shut him up quickly (hence, the video).

I ate a bowl of fail this morning.
    Quarter Million Mile Club

Comment

wouldnt worry about it. you arent doing anything wrong. so, until they can provide proof of it (which they cant) they cant do squat as long as your car is legal and youre following the laws. people are miserable douches so they feel like they need to bring everyone else down. not much you can do about that other than encourage them to off themselves in a passive way like offering them short ropes and flimsy chairs.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

"no louder than a Harley" isn't saying a lot, considering I have no freakin' clue how most harley's aren't considered "too loud" by law (and I live in a rural area where our house is a good 200' from the road. They almost make my ears ring even if i'm just standing on the porch and one rolls by doing 55 mph... but I guess that's a topic for another discussion).
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Heywood View Post
          "no louder than a Harley" isn't saying a lot, considering I have no freakin' clue how most harley's aren't considered "too loud" by law (and I live in a rural area where our house is a good 200' from the road. They almost make my ears ring even if i'm just standing on the porch and one rolls by doing 55 mph... but I guess that's a topic for another discussion).

Your just old

I ate a bowl of fail this morning.
          Quarter Million Mile Club

Comment

Originally posted by 3800SoloWing View Post
            Your just old
            No I'm just really anti-motorcycle :wavey:
            sigpic

Comment

Im not worried legally, Im worried about something escalating. I don't really blare the music, you will hear the car over the music lol. No doubt the cars loud...its Heads/cammed being dumped over the axle...

This is news to me out of the blue today...I know if he goes to the cops, the cops might come by the house, see everything is fine, and can't do anything. But thats the thing...is at that point people that are "crazy" like to take sh*t into there own hands. If he "knows" guys at our local division, I could also now be looking at getting several b.s tickets (on my CLEAN) record...depends on how much pull he has right...

I got the 2-way on the car, but I really just don't want to deal with the B.S...

Comment

Maybe put a muffler on it and run a cutout at the track?

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                  Im not worried legally, Im worried about something escalating. I don't really blare the music, you will hear the car over the music lol. No doubt the cars loud...its Heads/cammed being dumped over the axle...

This is news to me out of the blue today...I know if he goes to the cops, the cops might come by the house, see everything is fine, and can't do anything. But thats the thing...is at that point people that are "crazy" like to take sh*t into there own hands. If he "knows" guys at our local division, I could also now be looking at getting several b.s tickets (on my CLEAN) record...depends on how much pull he has right...

I got the 2-way on the car, but I really just don't want to deal with the B.S...
                  thats when you lawyer up for harassment against the police. they cant just come out and **** with you because they have a friend who doesnt like you. id think they have enough sense not to do something that stupid.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                  http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                  Or this

Comment

Every police officer/uniform of the law i know (and I know alot) would do only what they absolutely have to in a case like this. What I mean is, they wont do anything to a guy with a loud car IF its obvious he's modding his car as a hobby, doesn't act like an idiot with it and endangering people, is respectful to authority figures, neighbors and neighborhood areas, and stays out of trouble while doing it.

The idiots that have 120mph+ tickets in 25mph zones around here get *** raped everytime they get pulled over because they are disrespectful, throw a tempertantrom like a 5 year old, and have done said offence or other similiar offences many times.
                    Around here atleast, tooling with cars is one of many ways to stay out of trouble, and people know that. Idk bout 'oh great canada though. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by transamtom1 View Post
                      Maybe put a muffler on it and run a cutout at the track?
                      This is for winter time...it just doesnt sound the same.

Every police officer/uniform of the law i know (and I know alot) would do only what they absolutely have to in a case like this. What I mean is, they wont do anything to a guy with a loud car IF its obvious he's modding his car as a hobby, doesn't act like an idiot with it and endangering people, is respectful to authority figures, neighbors and neighborhood areas, and stays out of trouble while doing it.

The idiots that have 120mph+ tickets in 25mph zones around here get *** raped everytime they get pulled over because they are disrespectful, throw a tempertantrom like a 5 year old, and have done said offence or other similiar offences many times.
                      Around here atleast, tooling with cars is one of many ways to stay out of trouble, and people know that. Idk bout 'oh great canada though.
                      I've noticed there presence here for the past 1.5 weeks...driving slow down the street, camping out off the side streets...they haven't bothered me...like I said, my records clean, I don't drive like an idiot. There are a bunch of people that do rip it around here...I almost wonder if these people assume it's my car, everytime they hear a loud car go by..

I'm just hoping that it all doesnt turn into a, "oh look there's that black camaro on the street, lets see if we can find stuff on him"

God knows I don't do the speedlimit 24/7, but always when in residential area where kids can be present.

Comment

I don't mean to be rude or anything.... but no axle-back on a v6 is a little rice. +1 on a muffler + cutout ;)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Heywood View Post
                          I don't mean to be rude or anything.... but no axle-back on a v6 is a little rice. +1 on a muffler + cutout ;)
                          she has both. cutouts open.

Comment

if your gonna have a really loud car just be prepared for it to piss people off.
                            especially old people.

Comment

people renting the place aren't old...maybe in their late, late 20's, the guy that owns it that is renting it to them is old...thats why I have never met the guy, dont know squat about him.

What I find as the oddest thing is why he bothered to get my buddies cousins number, and not try to find mine or something...or better yet, come talk to me personally...Im outside working on the car/stuff for the car quiet a bit...I'm not a big guy by any standards, so I highly doubt I am intimidating by any means....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X