Anyone own a sprotbike/motorcycle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone own a sprotbike/motorcycle?

Unlike most of the bikes on this thread, Mine is a heavily modified Spirit 1100 (cruiser). Been riding for roughly 20 years. Mostly around freeways and surface streets surrounding the Detroit area. HUGE need to think fast and watch like a hawk. I heard it earlier, yeah, people are gunning for you. I always wear the heavy leather on the freeway, no matter what the temp, heavy jeans, helmet and boots, on every ride. Important thing is to remember to respect the bike. Sure, get a little comfortable and enjoy, but always be aware, the view can change in a split second and so can your future on these. Always go for max space wherever you ride. Always make sure tires are good, lights work and maintenance is up to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Shodown View Post

Take the MSF basic rider's course too if you are new to riding a street bike. Its worth the money.
      x2 I took this course, and it is definitely worth the money.

I would suggest getting a used bike first. My first bike was a 1992 Suzuki Katana 600. It was a good starter bike. Also when I tipped it over the first day I had it (didn't put the kickstand all the way out) it wasn't as bad as tipping over a brand new bike. Last month I bought a 2009 Yamaha R6 and I love it! I ride it everyday when its nice out.

If you're curious about insurance prices, I paid about $20/month for full coverage on the Katana and about $12/month once I paid off the loan and could just have liability. For the R6 I pay about $44/month for full coverage. My dad just got a 2009 Yamaha v-star 950 this week and pays only $20/month for full coverage. So just a little info on that if you wanted an idea.
      -Travis-<br /><br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro-stock<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509</a>

Comment

Got 2 scoots of my own:

1. 2003 Suzuki SV1000S sportbike
        2. 2006 Suzuki C-50T cruiser

Like em both, but I will get on the sportbike alot more often. The cruiser has less then 800 miles on it and I have owned it since brand new.

The SV is a replacement as I totalled the 1st one 2 summers ago at Deals Gap, attending the Annual SV rally.........guardrails hurt!!!!

Comment

Had a GSXR 600 a couple yrs back that i never should have sold. But when i get home im looking for a liter bike. 05-06 Gixxer 1k

87 Firebird RIP
          96 Camaro RS RIP
          94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
          02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by jleasure View Post
            Been considering getting a sportbike for a long long while now, but still hesitant about the safety for obvious reasons.
            Contrary to popular belief, the odds of you dying in a car accident are much higher than dying while riding on a motorcycle...Also, the total number of people who've died in car accidents is exponentially higher than the number of motorcycle fatalities. Wear full armor, keep your head on a swivel, and don't ride like your hair is on fire, and you should be fine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X