Anyone own a sprotbike/motorcycle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone own a sprotbike/motorcycle?

Been considering getting a sportbike for a long long while now, but still hesitant about the safety for obvious reasons. Well my younger brother bought one about a month back, and its itchin at me even more now.

So I was just wonderin if any of you guys ride bikes, and what you thought about 'em?

Oh and btw, was on the highway later last night when out of nowhere these two sportbikes go flyin by. Had to be goin 100+ easy. Scared the bejesus out of me.

Re: Anyone own a sprotbike/motorcycle?

Quit being a pussy and get a turbo Hayabusa.
    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

haha right. the perfect bike to learn on i hear.

Comment

I ride an 08 Suzuki SV650SF, modded of course. :naughty: Hoping soon to upgrade to an Aprilia...either RSV1000R Factory or RSV4R.
        The bike is my normal vehicle....I rarely drive the car anymore.

I've had some close calls because of careless drivers. Ride safe and keep your eyes open. Everyone around you is trying to kill you.
        Matt
        1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

yea trust me, always be expecting someone to pull out in front of you.

Comment

I own an '07 R6. Plenty fast for the time being, Love it. sooner or later i'll probobly end up getting a liter bike, prob an R1

Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
            Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
            Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
            Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
            Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

My old boss has a Hayabusa... $50K+ into it aside from the cost of the bike. He was trying to convince me to get one. I would have, but I was still at school in Ohio and the weather wasn't ideal.

I got in an accident in 205 on a 250cc moped (going more than 55mph). Lets just say it wasn't a fun time. The point is, no matter how powerful the bike, there are still going to be dangers. If you are willing to deal with that, go for it! As Ohio is very rural, there are plenty of roads to cruise on. "City" traffic is where I would be most afraid.

If you get one, just be careful. Always be conscious of other drivers and know that they may not be thinking about you. The main thing to make sure of is that you don't get lazy with your gear. I am always amazed at the guys out there going 85mph without a helmet on. When I got in my accident, my life was saved by the helmet I had on (which was stolen 10 minutes earlier, haha). When I stood up I saw that the visor was smashed and there was asphalt stuck in it. At the very least, my face would have been destroyed. I am willing to bet I would have died though.

I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt... Lost most of the skin on both forearms, my hip, and both legs. NOT worth the whole "coolness" factor of riding in shorts and a t-shirt!
              2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
              2006 S60- Sold
              2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Bike is in my sig.

I suggest getting a Kawasaki Ninja 650R, Yamaha FZ6R or a Suzuki GSX650F. Those 3 bikes are great starter sport bikes. Good amount of power, mods available, comfortable to ride and priced pretty well. If you dont have that much cash then an older Honda F4, F4i or F3 would be great too, but they are harder to find in good shape (since they were discontinued a while ago).

Wear appropriate gear (i.e. jacket with armor, good helmet, jeans, gloves, etc.) and go have fun. As others stated, cage drivers account for a large majority of motorcycle accidents so always look twice and drive defensively.

Take the MSF basic rider's course too if you are new to riding a street bike. Its worth the money.
                sigpic
                1997 Camaro RS A4
                2006 Chevy Colorado
                2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Originally posted by 98Camaro3.8 View Post
                  Everyone around you is trying to kill you.
                  I've been tempted more than once to open my door on kids doing a buck-twenty down the lane dividing lines on the DC beltway more than once...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate View Post
                    The main thing to make sure of is that you don't get lazy with your gear.

sigpic

Comment

not sure about other dealers but Harley offers riding safety class. it will save you a few cents on insurance also.

majority of accidents do happen in town at speeds around 30- 40 mph. on the highway I always avoided riding along side of vehicles and on 2 lanes roads I move to the right side of the lane when an 18 wheeler is coming by. I once had an 18 wheeler blow a tire as i passed him. a chunk of rubber hit me in the chest, hurt like hell.

Comment

I've been riding sport bikes for years.I absolutely love riding...but it is very dangerous and nothing like driving a car. I don't know about in other states but in VT you can take a three day course for about a 100 bucks that lets you get your permit the first day.bikes to practice on, and then your license on the last day. Good deal and they actually teach you how to ride. Good luck.

05 Suzuki Katana

Comment

Originally posted by debord97 View Post
                          not sure about other dealers but Harley offers riding safety class. it will save you a few cents on insurance also.

majority of accidents do happen in town at speeds around 30- 40 mph. on the highway I always avoided riding along side of vehicles and on 2 lanes roads I move to the right side of the lane when an 18 wheeler is coming by. I once had an 18 wheeler blow a tire as i passed him. a chunk of rubber hit me in the chest, hurt like hell.
                          Lol what are the odds of that. insane.

I was thinkin getting a ninja, a green one, so that it will match my synergy camaro when i get one haha.

Comment

I started on an 03 R6, never rode anything other than a moped, and bought the R6 brand new off the showroom floor. Common sense really goes a long way while riding. I just sold my CBR1000RR. I'd go with an F4i for a starter bike though, they are very comfortable and pretty forgiving.
                            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by jleasure View Post
                              Lol what are the odds of that. insane.

I was thinkin getting a ninja, a green one, so that it will match my synergy camaro when i get one haha.

where i live there is tons of oil field tank trucks on the road. you cant drive a mile down a road without seeing a few of them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X