New to the forum. Is the car im interested in worth buying? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the forum. Is the car im interested in worth buying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New to the forum. Is the car im interested in worth buying?

well hypothetically what is the lowest you would take?

Comment

Originally posted by kdm212 View Post
      well hypothetically what is the lowest you would take?
      PM sent
      sigpic
      98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

1900 is too much. cars with that kind of mileage usually have more problems than theyre worth unless you've owned the car for the majority of the miles. if it were me, id keep looking around for a 3.8 that costs a bit more but will likely live a longer life since they seem to run for goddamn ever. my experience with 3.4s have told me that once they hit 100k (3 different ones owned by myself and 2 friends) they just become headaches. plus there's the power thing, not enough and even with considerable mods youre still staring at the *** end of everything on the road, the aftermarket for a 3.4 sucks so your mods are pretty limited unless you want to do 5 years worth of research like some guys have done to get merely okay power when you compare mod vs mod to a 3.8.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
          1900 is too much. cars with that kind of mileage usually have more problems than theyre worth unless you've owned the car for the majority of the miles. if it were me, id keep looking around for a 3.8 that costs a bit more but will likely live a longer life since they seem to run for goddamn ever. my experience with 3.4s have told me that once they hit 100k (3 different ones owned by myself and 2 friends) they just become headaches. plus there's the power thing, not enough and even with considerable mods youre still staring at the *** end of everything on the road, the aftermarket for a 3.4 sucks so your mods are pretty limited unless you want to do 5 years worth of research like some guys have done to get merely okay power when you compare mod vs mod to a 3.8.
          Or spend 2 or 3 grand more and get a 80k+ mile LT1 for 4-5 grand.

Comment

I just rolled 268,000 on my 3.4 and it doesn't use any or lek oil. Still gets 25 with the a/c on.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X