@#%&!!!! I'm a witness to murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @#%&!!!! I'm a witness to murder

The man that lives right below my apartment was murdered this morning.

First let me start by saying I got up at 5:20am this morning to use the bathroom and I heard loud banging and whimpering sound below my bathroom. I listened to it even more closely to guess what was going on. And then I started thinking that the man's 11 year old was throwing a bad fit, which explains the banging and whimpering.

5:25am I went back to bed and told my wife that the neighbor downstair is making too much noise. She was too sleepy to respond and of course the oxygen machine that she sleep with sort of drown the noise.

5:31am I decided to go back to the bathroom again and sure enough it was the same noise. I thought about calling 911, but the other side of me said "don't get involve with family matters." I thought about going downstair to take a peek, but instead of doing that I went to the window to do so. There was no reflection on the window below. I looked at all the cars, esp. my bird, fiero, and my wife's car and other people's cars and nothing was out of the ordinary. I went back to bed again.

5:36am I decided to get up again for the 3rd time. I went back to the bathroom and everything was quiet.

5:47am I heard the neighbor's door open and slam close. It was nothing out of the usual because this was how my neighbor opens and slams his door. I didn't fall asleep till 6:30am or so.

8:27am I was awaken by a loud banging on my door. I was deep in my sleep and I struggled to get up. I opened the door and it was the police officer. He questioned me and I told him everything I just mentioned here.

I asked him what happened and he told me that there was an incident below me. I asked him what this incidence is? He said a man murdered. My knees nearly buckled and for a moment I forgot to breathe. The first thing I thought about were the kids. He has an 11 yo. son and a 15 yo. daughter. He's a single parent.

The officer told me that 2 men broke in and asked the children to go outside. Then they started beating him. Then I later found that he was not only beaten by also shot. Funny thing is I didn't hear any gun going off. So right now the girl is the key witness who can describe them and me as the second who heard this.

I went downstair this morning and I didn't see any force break in. His door, windows, and patio are always close and still were when I saw it. So I figure this guy knows the murderer personally.

Well I don't know my deceased neighbor too well. All I know is that he parks his '08 Mustang GT next to my Firebird in a car port. We often talk about cars and we often say hello to each other when we pass each other by. It's usually just small talk.

He's a very reserve guy that smiles a lot. Last time I saw him was 10pm last night. I was doing some work on my Fiero and putting the cover on my bird.

I truly wish I could have done something. This SUCK big time. My neighborhood is getting worse and worse. I miss the day when my town was #4 in the safest place to live and raise kids.

Here's the news: http://cbs2.com/local/Corona.police....2.1345878.html If you click on the video you'll see apt. #37 & #38. I live at apt. #38. You can see my Fiero parked next to a modified pewter Camaro V6.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Re: @#%&!!!! I'm a witness to murder

Damn Thor, I'm truly sorry to hear about your sad tale...I don't know what else to say, it's pretty shocking. Take care...

Comment

Better to mind your own business and be alive.

Its too bad about your neighbor but there is nothing you could have done.

Are you going to call the cops over every little noise?

Don't beat yourself up over this.

Somewhere along the line this guy pissed off the wrong people.

Comment

Originally posted by transamtom1 View Post
        Better to mind your own business and be alive.

Its too bad about your neighbor but there is nothing you could have done.

Are you going to call the cops over every little noise?

Don't beat yourself up over this.

Somewhere along the line this guy pissed off the wrong people.
        Yeah, you're right. I've been keeping in touch with one of his friends. The guy he made friends with here in our apartment complex. Even he said he doesn't know the full story.

Comment

holy heck...time to move!
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

According to the news, the 911 call placed by his daughter was at 5:30am. Maybe the gunshot woke you up and you heard the aftermath. Regardless, I feel bad for the kids, what a terrible thing to witness...

Comment

wow..thats incredibly sad and scary to hear. i'm very glad you didn't get in the middle of it and get hurt

Comment

Originally posted by nitetime_pr View Post
                According to the news, the 911 call placed by his daughter was at 5:30am. Maybe the gunshot woke you up and you heard the aftermath. Regardless, I feel bad for the kids, what a terrible thing to witness...
                I don't think that's accurate. First the police said that the kids were asked by the murderers to go outside their apartment. Which I thought why didn't they go to my apt. and ask for help or atleast to other neighbors. Then the news said that the murderers asked them to go to the living room. So as of now I don't know which is which. Then a news caster said that the murderers were either going to kill his daughter or him. So again, things are not clear here.

They said the murder happened at 5:30am. I got up at 5:20am so I could go pee. That's when I heard loud banging and whimpering sounds. The police won't release details to me other than he was beaten and then shot. The officer did ask me if I heard a gun firing. I said no. A gun shot would have woke up the whole neighborhood. We are all very close to each other. So I'm thinking that the murderers have some kind of silencer to their gun.

I didn't fall asleep till like 6:30 am or so.

Last time I had a good conversation my neighbor was at 2pm on Monday. I asked him if he was going to get a kit for his mustang and he said yeah. He was going to get a Saleen kit. He was holding a white bag and I could tell that it was a gun with boxes of bullets. He told me was going to a firing range with his friends to fire his bretta and shotgun. Strange isn't it. I told him I used to have a beretta and a Magnum. So we talked about that for a moment.

----------------
                When I asked his other friend here who I thought was going to the shotting range with him he said he doesn't know the guys he went out with. He said he doesn't have that many friends. He's the only one he hangs out with.

Comment

Damn, what a tragedy for those kids... and it's wrong to speculate that the neighbor did something to provoke this, because you never know... specifics are always sketchy early when these things happen especially when the best source for info is scared kids... I don't know how you are, but I would start looking to move, because I was in a similar situation my sophomore year of college when I moved into an apt. complex and a double homicide happened in the parking lot behind my building... apparently the couple had just parked their car and walked to their apt. and a guy waited until they unlocked their door, forced them in, shot them both a few times, robbed them, then stole their car... I ended up moving out before my lease was up bc I just couldn't feel safe anymore... every little noise at night would keep me awake...
                  Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                  Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Sad day. My old neighborhood seemed safe til my neighbor had his '95 Impala SS stolen and someone vandalized my car (loosened ALL the lugs)

I ate a bowl of fail this morning.
                    Quarter Million Mile Club

Comment

would be hard to feel safe around there...sucks to hear...figure that even if you did call the cops man, the likely hood of them making it there in time to do something is probably slim to non...and that is if you called them when you first heard that noise...its funny how you couldn't go right back to sleep though and had to get up a few times...almost like an erie presence of you know something is wrong...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

wow man, im sorry to hear that. ill pray for the mans kids and family and you.

and personally, i would have to move...

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
                          holy heck...time to move!
                          this..

Comment

Sorry to hear that Edgar good thing you didn't go knock on his door ,you would be dead too. Just watch your neighbor hood and the people in it. This time of year since close to X-MAS there will be alot of home invasions and car theft and burglary. Get extra locks for the front door and any patio doors. theres home security systems that you can buy on ebay for $130 will sound inside the home if a open door and also has motion sensors. Stay safe, I moved back to my old neighborhood and I already have someone taking pics of it and as I start to walk up they drive backwards down the street so it got so far I couldn't read the plates. 5 mins. later I had my pipping packed up in back and they try to roll up and take pics again of my car. So I'm going to have a motion/radar system hooked up to the alarm so they can't get too close before it pages me. So everyone this X-MAS double check everything and always be alert walking to your vehicle, have a pepper spray can 15% law enforcement if posible or sherated switch blade with you if possible. Good luck and be safe Edgar, you and your family. If you need anything about security or other things PM me. Steve
                            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Ok, an UPDATE on this:

According to guy's close friend he wasn't shot at. Which explains why I didn't hear any guns firing. So he was stabbed with a very slim knife or a pick. The killing happened very close to the bathroom's door, which explain why I hear it so clearly there.

According to him, when the murderers showed up he was sleeping on the coach and his kids are sleeping in the bedroom. This is a 1 bedroom apartment BTW. The murderers got in and forced him in the bedroom and forced the kids to go out. Again, I don't know if the kids were forced outside the apartment or just in the living room.

The man was gagged, tied, and then beaten, which explains the loud sobbing whimpering sound.

THe man's friend is planning on meeting with the family. I'm staying in touch with him. I'll probably find out more later.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X