No announcement yet.

Damn SRT-4.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets just shut this thread down, too many people arn't realizing all I am doing here is saying damn that car suprised me, I didn't know they went as well as Dodge has been saying.
    1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

they arent exactly the same. im fully aware of the lt4. lt4s are 4 bolt main motors(as were all lt1 vettes) in 1997 a couple hundred firehawks and SS's were equipped with lt4s. yes they are nice for what they are but if youre going to build a lt1 up you had better go with alot better parts. the lt4 hotcam is pretty small and the heads dont flow a whole lot better than stock lt1 heads.(IIRC lt4 heads flow a tad bit lower than stock ls1 heads)

the main differences are the lt4 uses roller rockers,has slightly larger valves,uses a roller chain and runs a little bit higher compression(10.8:1 opposed to 10.4:1)

if you want a nice lt1/4 you go with Lloyd elliot heads and cam with supporting bolt ons www.eportworks.com or one of the other aftermarket head companies. or talk to joe overton about a custom Joe O cam.

for the money spent on a lt4 conversion (around 3K) you can have around 100rwhp more with better parts at the very least

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

so IMO lt4 [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        Or this

Comment

Oh. Sorry, I thought you were laughing as if the LT4 wasnt real. I wasnt calling you stupid, lots of people dont know about the LT4.

You are right though, much cheaper to buy and build an LT1 than LT4. Doesnt seem to matter much to this guy though, he drains a lot of cash in 110 octane so money doesnt seem to make a difference anyhow. ;)
          sigpic
          1997 Camaro RS A4
          2006 Chevy Colorado
          2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Originally posted by Shodown:
            Oh. Sorry, I thought you were laughing as if the LT4 wasnt real. I wasnt calling you stupid, lots of people dont know about the LT4.

You are right though, much cheaper to buy and build an LT1 than LT4. Doesnt seem to matter much to this guy though, he drains a lot of cash in 110 octane so money doesnt seem to make a difference anyhow. ;)
            Lol actually the money can be an issue, only reason I said LT4 is because its a '97 SS and it has one already in it, so I might as well work off it, I'm not talking about a conversion. If I was going to do a conversion from a V8 to another V8 I would just drop a blown 502 or something to that effect in it, and call it game over.

Money is generally not an issue, but I like to buy things that are worth it, the 110 I don't know why probably just cause my exgf refuses to pump anything but 87 into her 96 z28 and it drives me nuts.... She also refuses to put anything but 5w30 in it and regular oil cause it didn't come with fully syn... Ugh no wonder we broke up...

But ya I am running much cleaner and quicker off the 92 now.

*Off topic*- anyone know if and where I can get a set of aluminum heads for my 3.4?

And thanks for the info on the LT4 parts, I'll deffinetly take a look into those later also.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikos95:
              I'm wondering how much you don't know about working on cars, and how much you get ripped off. I mean if you are spending $300 on o2 sensors... damn, sounds like you need to call Checkers? [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] I think my new ones were a whoppin um $20 a piece, and took me not a whole lot of time to replace them.
              [/QB]
              When I had to replace them in my 96 3 years ago, they were like $70-80 piece. I also had 4 of them.

I figured that 95s would have used the same sensors, but apparently, 95s didn't use heated sensors which are MUCH cheaper.

I just looked up the 02s for 96, and they're still $60-70.
              <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:
                </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nikos95:
                I'm wondering how much you don't know about working on cars, and how much you get ripped off. I mean if you are spending $300 on o2 sensors... damn, sounds like you need to call Checkers? [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] I think my new ones were a whoppin um $20 a piece, and took me not a whole lot of time to replace them.
                When I had to replace them in my 96 3 years ago, they were like $70-80 piece. I also had 4 of them.

I figured that 95s would have used the same sensors, but apparently, 95s didn't use heated sensors which are MUCH cheaper.

I just looked up the 02s for 96, and they're still $60-70. [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]Ohh damn didn't notice that either, no I just have the 2 basic 20$ bosch ones ont he manifold. But those are shot anyways, I have the replacements sitting now waiting and my iat sensor, just waiting for my intake so it wont get all messed up by putting them on too early, no intake make me iat go out, cause my o2s to get shot...

Comment

At least our cars stop quicker... thats about it. I want one of those SRT4's before all these kids blow em up, and wreck em. They will be a rare breed 9-10 yrs from now
                  3.73 gears ramair kit flowmaster is no more now BORLA cat-back 3\"catco cat<br />best et w/ flowmaster 14.8 best et w/ open borla 14.62@94mph :)best et w/ open borla and drag radials 14.4 at 96 o yea and a set of pacesetters

Comment

[/qb][/QUOTE]
                    And ya LT4 is a sweet engine... Can't wait to play with it, first one I played with was in a ZR1 vet, but that baby was 410 ponies from the dealer...
                    [/QUOTE]

I thought the ZR1's were LT5's??

[ March 16, 2006, 01:04 AM: Message edited by: 1998silverbird ]
                    Jeff ..
                    1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
                    2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
                    1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
                    http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

they are.

Follow me!
                      Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber:
                        they are.
                        Well I guess the Zr1 he drove the owner must have swapped the LT4 in place of the LT5!! :D :D
                        Jeff ..
                        1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
                        2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
                        1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
                        http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Originally posted by 1998silverbird:
                          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by vanbibber:
                          they are.
                          Well I guess the Zr1 he drove the owner must have swapped the LT4 in place of the LT5!! :D :D </font>[/QUOTE]Oh was it LT5? I thought it was LT4, my mistake, I can't remember all the motors...

Comment

LT5 is a world of difference... Good and a bad motor.

Its a good motor but so uncommon to build up and work on it costs a fortune.

-3.4L and 3.8L o2s are way different

-LT4, you can do the same work, and build a better setup with just aftermarket stuff.

-No stock 3.4L almost passed a SRT-4

-I don't hink nikos can claim any more kills or what his car rund until HE RUNS HIS CAR AT A TRACK
                            -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Originally posted by shenanigans:
                              -I don't hink nikos can claim any more kills or what his car rund until HE RUNS HIS CAR AT A TRACK
                              x100.

No offense, but this guy is all over the place. First he says he runs mid 14s in his stock 3.4. Then on a whim he just decides to run 11s. Then throw in the whole race gas and driving like a dip**** thing.

Seriously, slow things down and take some time to learn some stuff about your car.
                              Matt
                              1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                              Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Alright you guys need to learn how to read!

I NEVER CLAIMED I EVEN CAME CLOSE TO PASSING A SRT4! GOD YOU MOST BE A BUNCH OF 12 YEAR OLDS!

TO I FIGURED IT WOULD RUN MAYBE MID 14's STOCK!
                                I WAS WRONG THERE WHOOPTY DOO!

OH A WHIM I SAID I COULD BUY A NEW 3.4 BLOCK AND BUILD A RACE MOTOR OUT OF IT TO RUN 11S! WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A $20,000 MOTOR ALONE HERE! I NEVER SAID I RAN 11's! HA MY IROC DIDN'T RUN AN 11 AND THAT HAD A LT1 CONVERSION WITH ABOUT $8000 INTO PARTS.

Tell ya what when you can read, and actually stay with something let me know, until then just get a life. And you will probably clear this post but seriously, I don't know how many times I have said it here,

THE GUY LET OFF HIS GAS WAY EARLY! I SAID I KEPT UP WITH HIM FOR A SECOND! HE HAD TO DOWNSHIFT STILL, WHICH I DON'T THINK HE DID!

And seriously if you put any number of people in that car, I would toast them in ANY race, if they are one of those people that shift every time they bounce 2,500 rpm...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X