Early 90's Lincoln Town Car...(4.6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fbody3400:
    Van really can't be compared to a Jeep Liberty. I just drove my moms Liberty 125 miles today at ~80 mph, felt pretty stable. The Jeep is trail rated, sits much higher, and is a SUV. A van on the other hand doesn't have the lift needed to go over something 17".

and to whoever said the SRT-8 Jeep is gay, its AWD with a Hemi, faster than the SS Trailblazer. I hope you feel the same way about chevy "throwing" SS badges on every car left and right.
    arent the new trailblazers awd also? speaking of which live 4 minutes away from the suv truck plant for gm. ive seen probably 500 Trailblazer SS's around. they are ****ing nice.(keep in mind i absolutely hate suvs with a burning passion)

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:
      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Fireball27:
      Seems kinda pointless to me... so what if your pos van can go 0-60 in 6 seconds, its still a VAN.
      Substitute the word VAN for V6 Fbody ;)

The same reason why people work up V6's. They love the look they get when they beat V8s and tell them they got toasted by a 6.
      </font>[/QUOTE]The reason I worked up my V6 was to beat down v8's and because the 98-02 firebirds looked so sweet.. I added a WS6 hood and man my car looked mean and with the cam it sounded mean.. I cant get the same thing from a minivan or a Neon..
      Jeff ..
      1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
      2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
      1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
      http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Originally posted by Greg94Red392:
        SO all my friends like to rag on me b/c I have a V6 and most of them drive V8's. Not sporty V8's..Grand Cherokees and the like. Anyway, I know I could easily smoke them all but last night I finally got the chance to kill one. Buddy in a early 90's town car. I know they arent meant for speed and I expected a huge win, but everyone thinks just because it's a V8 and I have a V6, I automatically lose. Even though they weigh as much as a house. So anyway, light turns green, I put 4 lengths on him and shut down at 70. His exact words were "Good lord what have you done to that thing you went 0 to 60 before I even knew what happened."

Lol.

All about the 3.42's.
        Good kill!! bet that shut them up a little!
        Jeff ..
        1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
        2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
        1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
        http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Fbody3400:
          Van really can't be compared to a Jeep Liberty. I just drove my moms Liberty 125 miles today at ~80 mph, felt pretty stable. The Jeep is trail rated, sits much higher, and is a SUV. A van on the other hand doesn't have the lift needed to go over something 17".

and to whoever said the SRT-8 Jeep is gay, its AWD with a Hemi, faster than the SS Trailblazer. I hope you feel the same way about chevy "throwing" SS badges on every car left and right.
          arent the new trailblazers awd also? speaking of which live 4 minutes away from the suv truck plant for gm. ive seen probably 500 Trailblazer SS's around. they are ****ing nice.(keep in mind i absolutely hate suvs with a burning passion) </font>[/QUOTE]Yep, they're AWD with an LS6. Pretty sweet SUV.
          Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by 1998silverbird:
            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:
            Seems kinda pointless to me... so what if your pos van can go 0-60 in 6 seconds, its still a VAN.

The same reason why people work up V6's. They love the look they get when they beat V8s and tell them they got toasted by a 6.
            </font>[/QUOTE]The reason I worked up my V6 was to beat down v8's and because the 98-02 firebirds looked so sweet.. I added a WS6 hood and man my car looked mean and with the cam it sounded mean.. I cant get the same thing from a minivan or a Neon..
            </font>[/QUOTE]I've heard some really mean SRT-4s. Actually, on sound alone, I think the SRT4 sounds better then the 3.8.

I'll quote my friend refering to my camaro, "Your car sounds horrible, like a pissed off helicopter on nitrous"
            <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by vanbibber:

arent the new trailblazers awd also? speaking of which live 4 minutes away from the suv truck plant for gm. ive seen probably 500 Trailblazer SS's around. they are ****ing nice.(keep in mind i absolutely hate suvs with a burning passion) </font>[/QUOTE]Yep, they're AWD with an LS6. Pretty sweet SUV. </font>[/QUOTE]correct me if im wrong but its a LS2 not a LS6

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
              http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
              Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber:
                </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by vanbibber:

arent the new trailblazers awd also? speaking of which live 4 minutes away from the suv truck plant for gm. ive seen probably 500 Trailblazer SS's around. they are ****ing nice.(keep in mind i absolutely hate suvs with a burning passion) </font>[/QUOTE]Yep, they're AWD with an LS6. Pretty sweet SUV. </font>[/QUOTE]correct me if im wrong but its a LS2 not a LS6 </font>[/QUOTE]Good correction ;) too many LS X engines
                Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 1998silverbird:

</font>[/QUOTE]I've heard some really mean SRT-4s. Actually, on sound alone, I think the SRT4 sounds better then the 3.8.

I'll quote my friend refering to my camaro, "Your car sounds horrible, like a pissed off helicopter on nitrous"
                  </font>[/QUOTE]I'm sure some of those SRT-4s sound quite nice, and yes they go like stink, but the truth of the matter is that you're still driving something that looks like it was designed by Fisher Price.

I just don't understand why someone would buy something like an SRT-4... if they wanted to go fast why not just get a proper sports car?

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                  i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                  R.I.P. '07 Pats
                  Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27:

</font>[/QUOTE]I'm sure some of those SRT-4s sound quite nice, and yes they go like stink, but the truth of the matter is that you're still driving something that looks like it was designed by Fisher Price.

I just don't understand why someone would buy something like an SRT-4... if they wanted to go fast why not just get a proper sports car?
                    </font>[/QUOTE]Well, let's see here.

SRT4 is as fast as an LS1, very cheap to mod, strong engine, handles better than an fbody... All for what, like 22k? I mean, I can't imagine why anyone would want one.
                    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

</font>[/QUOTE]Well, let's see here.

SRT4 is as fast as an LS1, very cheap to mod, strong engine, handles better than an fbody... All for what, like 22k? I mean, I can't imagine why anyone would want one.
                      </font>[/QUOTE]I'm sorry, i guess i'm just old fashioned in thinking that sports cars should look sleek and... well fast. Not like a bubble car... and if you're gonna tell me that an SRT-4 looks sleek or fast you are off your rocker.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                      i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                      R.I.P. '07 Pats
                      Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27:
                        Seems kinda pointless to me... so what if your pos van can go 0-60 in 6 seconds, its still a VAN. Besides is it not dangerous to be making sports cars out of cars that were never really designed for speed? I know damn well that i wouldn't want to go that fast in my mom's station wagon, regardless of whats under the hood.
                        Why not it can handel it !
                        http://ebaumsworld.com/2006/02/sleepercar.html

Comment

The srt-4 looks like a cousin to the VW beatle. Its true with our cars we just have to spend 1000s of dollars on the motor to have a fast sports car. Ricers have to spent 1000s on the motor and 1000s on a body kit to hide there grandma style cars..

Comment

who saw car and driver choose the SS trailblazer over the jeep srt-8...even though the srt was faster, they liked the SS better
                            white 98 v6 camaro A4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X