Early 90's Lincoln Town Car...(4.6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early 90's Lincoln Town Car...(4.6)

SO all my friends like to rag on me b/c I have a V6 and most of them drive V8's. Not sporty V8's..Grand Cherokees and the like. Anyway, I know I could easily smoke them all but last night I finally got the chance to kill one. Buddy in a early 90's town car. I know they arent meant for speed and I expected a huge win, but everyone thinks just because it's a V8 and I have a V6, I automatically lose. Even though they weigh as much as a house. So anyway, light turns green, I put 4 lengths on him and shut down at 70. His exact words were "Good lord what have you done to that thing you went 0 to 60 before I even knew what happened."

Lol.

All about the 3.42's.
    1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Ahh dude those things are slower then a mofo. They have like 190hp with the optional dual exhuast 210hp. They weight an a$$load too. A v8 grand cherokee will acctually give you a good run, the 5.9 is especially fast.
    97 Camaro rs 3.8<br />Flowmaster catback<br />High flow cat

Comment

5.9 Magnum is a pretty stout engine. Isn't there an SRT-8 Jeep coming out?
      Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

yep. it should be out now IIRC

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

Yeah the SRT-8 came out allready I think. 420hp 6.1 engine those things are fast.

Comment

An SRT Jeep? Thats retarded... i'm sorry, but chrysler should really just stick to putting those letters on sporty (or somewhat sporty) cars like the charger and neon. Next thing you know they'll be unvailing the SRT-12 Grand Caravan or something equally stupid.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
            i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
            R.I.P. '07 Pats
            Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Oh yea and nice kill... show those boats that your king of the yacht club :D

i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
              R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Next thing you know they'll be unvailing the SRT-12 Grand Caravan or something equally stupid.
                Don't talk bad about the V12 Caravan, it'll eat a corvette alive on the way to the soccer game. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

It is kinda like their new muscle car philosphy of putting big motors into into cars that aren't really made to go fast. I definitely wouldn't mind having the srt jeep though.

Comment

Originally posted by odw777:
                  </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Next thing you know they'll be unvailing the SRT-12 Grand Caravan or something equally stupid.
                  Don't talk bad about the V12 Caravan, it'll eat a corvette alive on the way to the soccer game. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

It is kinda like their new muscle car philosphy of putting big motors into into cars that aren't really made to go fast. I definitely wouldn't mind having the srt jeep though.
                  </font>[/QUOTE]So kinda like the 60s, putting big engines in family cars?

You know they made a turbo 4 banger caravan back in the late 80s.

I saw one F*CKEN TOAST an LS1 corvette before. And by toasted, I'm talking like bus lengths.
                  <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

So kinda like the 60s, putting big engines in family cars?

You know they made a turbo 4 banger caravan back in the late 80s.

I saw one F*CKEN TOAST an LS1 corvette before. And by toasted, I'm talking like bus lengths.
                    I wasn't being sarcastic, I think that's how the gto started by putting a big motor in a family car.

I'm well aware of that turbo caravan, I think it was a 2.4, I know it ran fast as hell with simple mods. That's why I would look for turbo badges if I'm stopped next to a caravan on a light. They're rare but you never know.

[ March 09, 2006, 05:56 AM: Message edited by: odw777 ]

Comment

Seems kinda pointless to me... so what if your pos van can go 0-60 in 6 seconds, its still a VAN. Besides is it not dangerous to be making sports cars out of cars that were never really designed for speed? I know damn well that i wouldn't want to go that fast in my mom's station wagon, regardless of whats under the hood.

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27:
                        Seems kinda pointless to me... so what if your pos van can go 0-60 in 6 seconds, its still a VAN.
                        Substitute the word VAN for V6 Fbody ;)

The same reason why people work up V6's. They love the look they get when they beat V8s and tell them they got toasted by a 6.
                        <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Substitute the word VAN for V6 Fbody

The same reason why people work up V6's. They love the look they get when they beat V8s and tell them they got toasted by a 6.
                          Yeah but the thing is that's it's really not safe going very fast in something with a high center of gravity. I remeber driving my dad's jeep liberty at 100mph and it felt really unstable like it would roll over with the slightest provocation.

Comment

Van really can't be compared to a Jeep Liberty. I just drove my moms Liberty 125 miles today at ~80 mph, felt pretty stable. The Jeep is trail rated, sits much higher, and is a SUV. A van on the other hand doesn't have the lift needed to go over something 17".

and to whoever said the SRT-8 Jeep is gay, its AWD with a Hemi, faster than the SS Trailblazer. I hope you feel the same way about chevy "throwing" SS badges on every car left and right.
                            Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:
                              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Fireball27:
                              Seems kinda pointless to me... so what if your pos van can go 0-60 in 6 seconds, its still a VAN.
                              Substitute the word VAN for V6 Fbody ;)

</font>[/QUOTE]Oh, i understand that concept, buuuut unlike a van an F-Body isn't an ugly piece of crap. We're not talking about a sports car with the lowest HP engine, its a ****ing van. Certain cars are designed for certain things, f-body's are sports cars and should be made to go fast, even if they aren't. Vans are made to carry people... you wouldn't see me trying to stuff a third row of seats in my car.

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X