Smoked by a Honda Civic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shirl:
    Wow, that sucks... Matt, get some juice on your car ASAP!!! lol...
    oh yes.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

yeah, i agree. sleeper imports are pretty cool in that they can make crazy hp outta tiny little engines, its just those gaudy spoilers/bodykits/hoods/whatever the hell else they put on them but still slow as balls tuners that i truly dispise. when it all comes down to it, hp is mostly how much money you have, it just depends on where the engine starts. an LS1 is always gonna be more powerful than a 2.0L v-tec with the same mods. but when it comes down to reliablity, cant argue w/ the simple concept of hp distribution: 500 hp over 8 pistons = less wear and tear than 500 hp over 4. thats when they need fancy alloys to keep the motor from blowing. my point: ricers are cool when done right, and nothing beats a v-8 for cheap (and reliable) power
      2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

wow viper those numbers are impressive. BTW how much did it cost you to get up that high, I still my firebird and I am still comtemplating on turboing it. let me know, thanks
        2005 Chevrolet Corvette C6 <br />M6, Magnaflow\'s 14336<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/v6purplebird\" target=\"_blank\">C6 Pics</a><br /><br />Old car:<br />1996 Firebird A4<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Magnaflow Catback Exhaust<br />Magnaflow Catalytic Converter<br /><br />George Mason University<br />CEIE Major<br />Pi Kappa Alpha<br /><br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/nsolano\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird Pics </a>

Comment

i was offered a civic for 5 grand by the owner of a shop that ran 12 second 1/4 mile w/ nitrous, bone stock except for exhaust and stock acura rims, and saw a civic del sol at the local racetrack for sale with an h22 swap, fast as ****
          1995 3.4l dark green camaro<br />stock...for now

Comment

Originally posted by RicE-ter:
            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Need4Camaro:
            You gatta watch it... Not ALL imports are rice infact some can be down right dirty sleepers when done right... Some people throw some serious cash into these cars. and considering most imports weigh a GOOD bit less than us I'm actually surprised that the ones that are blowing our doors off are the MINORITY!... Think about it... Turbo it and Tune it in a car that weighs like 2,000 - 3,000 lbs tops... You got yourself a mean little machine...
            watch what? i was joking, take it ez i sed nothing about rice and/or imports in general what so ever. i sed, "ehh(cuz i dont really care) and there is always someone faster(cuz there usually is)". and we all know -lbs. and +hp is good. and i only talked about my co-worker because he is even more of a show boat than the guy matt g talked about.

i give props for winning-thats it; to put that many car lengths is quite impressive, and lastly there are jerks on both sides, import or not-i complain about drivers not cars.
            </font>[/QUOTE]I wasn't replying to you, just the original poster... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
            1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

o ok

well mines a sleeper too, not the car just the engines power is asleep lol hopefully i can wake it up soon
              -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

Somehow, I'm not seeing how this is working.

Not saying you're lying, or that there's no such thing as a fast civic, but it just doesn't all fit.
                7+ car lenghts in 1-2 seconds? Either he has a jet engine, or you were in reverse =/. Sounds like a car to be reckoned with, that's for sure. Glad to hear that not all imports are rice... every one around here sure is. Better luck next time, though!

Comment

Originally posted by NSolano:
                  wow viper those numbers are impressive. BTW how much did it cost you to get up that high, I still my firebird and I am still comtemplating on turboing it. let me know, thanks
                  do you relllllllly want to know lol
                  www.turbov6camaro.com
                  1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                  4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                  7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                  11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

My guess is for what he invested in dollars $ to make that
                    S___ box quick, he could have bought a new car.
                    Phil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X