If you have the time....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by camaroincal:
    Umm...incase you didn't notice 99% of the fools over there are ricers....how did I make ALL V6- Fbody owners look stupid? Did you even read the thread? A guy with a turbo 4 cylinder is ragging on a higher displacement engine with no power adder and is saying what a ****ty car/engine it is, but in reality you take that turbo off and all you have is a little economy 4 banger and he's acting like he's got the best thing since sliced bread........but whatever...

Then that stupid *** moderator comes in...Carnuttt..acting like he's the end all say all of car knowledge..I go to his profile..he owns a ****ing 1992 Nissan Sentra and he's probably like 16 years old! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] ....... Oh ya....only banned for a week. ;)
    You said the same thing I hear from people I race and beat,"wait til I get some NOS and then I'll kick your a$$".

Then go get it. Don't talk about what you don't have! Which is what you did. Well, you have a turbo and that's not fair. boohoohoo!!! Shut the hell up! I did read the whole thread and like they told you many times, they weren't dishing the 3800, just the idiots in the car. You turned it into a war, not them. Why would you try and make one group of engine builders try to like a different engine? Would you do that to some V8 guys? Why do that to anyone? You would always get flamed regardless if they built v12s, 4 cylinders or a briggs/stratton. Instead of *****ing at people, why don't you just make your car faster and prove it to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerriko:
      Instead of *****ing at people, why don't you just make your car faster and prove it to them.
      Thats a good bottom line to me. Put up or shut up. [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img]
      97 T-top firebird Gone but not forgotten!<br />In process of Modding a 02 Grand Am<br /> \"Dont hunt what you cant kill!\" :&gt;

Comment

Originally posted by CockyV6:
        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jerriko:
        Instead of *****ing at people, why don't you just make your car faster and prove it to them.
        Thats a good bottom line to me. Put up or shut up. [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]no kidding. i should tattoo that to my butt check :D ;)
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by Jerriko:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by camaroincal:
          Umm...incase you didn't notice 99% of the fools over there are ricers....how did I make ALL V6- Fbody owners look stupid? Did you even read the thread? A guy with a turbo 4 cylinder is ragging on a higher displacement engine with no power adder and is saying what a ****ty car/engine it is, but in reality you take that turbo off and all you have is a little economy 4 banger and he's acting like he's got the best thing since sliced bread........but whatever...

Then that stupid *** moderator comes in...Carnuttt..acting like he's the end all say all of car knowledge..I go to his profile..he owns a ****ing 1992 Nissan Sentra and he's probably like 16 years old! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] ....... Oh ya....only banned for a week. ;)
          You said the same thing I hear from people I race and beat,"wait til I get some NOS and then I'll kick your a$$".

Then go get it. Don't talk about what you don't have! Which is what you did. Well, you have a turbo and that's not fair. boohoohoo!!! Shut the hell up! I did read the whole thread and like they told you many times, they weren't dishing the 3800, just the idiots in the car. You turned it into a war, not them. Why would you try and make one group of engine builders try to like a different engine? Would you do that to some V8 guys? Why do that to anyone? You would always get flamed regardless if they built v12s, 4 cylinders or a briggs/stratton. Instead of *****ing at people, why don't you just make your car faster and prove it to them.
          </font>[/QUOTE]Man you are totally missing the point. Put it like this. Imagine if someone on here with a V6 with lots of mods including a power adder was running low 12's. He races a stock LS1 vette and wins handily....and goes on to rag about how "pathetic" the race was and how crappy the exhaust sounded on the Vette...Aren't you gonna be thinking.."hello!! It's a stock Vette and you are a highly modified six...the Vette would eat you alive with the same mods."

That was my whole thing...Our 3800 N/A is a better engine to start with than the N/A version of the SR20DET (whatever thats called)

Comment

Who cares? That's what happens when some idiots in a Firebird don't know what they are racing. I don't care how much money is in a car, when someone revs me, they better be backin' it up or they get their a$$ handed to them. Trying to convince a crowd of SR20DET enthusiasts that a 3800 is a better platform than the one they use is just downright retarded. All I hear from you is, "ifs, buts, etc". I hate when people keyboard race. Modify your engine and prove them wrong or shut up already. To quote Blldogg, "put up or shut up".

Comment

i woulda done the same thing to the kids in the bird, they were chuckling and calling him a ricer. ive learned to respect all sorts of cars, some of the guys with forign cars are just like us, enthusiest, and they deserve the same respect as us!!
              94 firebird, flowmaster 80, no cats, ZEX dry kit-SOLD!!!<br />1997 camaro SS- lots of mods, thrown rod at the moment,awaiting 383<br />1990 plymouth laser RS turbo-14.5@94<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.baycityrides.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.baycityrides.com</a>

Comment

I understand the kids in the car were idiots but the way the guy was talking about the CAR got to me...

Comment

"The SR20 is blessed with a near bulletproof bottom end. The crank and rods are forged steel unlike the typical cast iron that most American motors run. The rod bolts are a beefy 9mm. The crank features rolled fillets, an uncommon strengthening operation used usually only for racing or heavy duty parts. The rod bolt registers are spot faced, leaving a generous amount of metal around the bolt holes, a traditional weak area in connecting rods."

"Both the crank and rods are subjected to a severe shotpeening from the factory. Shotpeening microforges the surface of the part making it stronger and harder while leaving the interior soft and ductile. This step can improve the fatigue strength of a part by over 100% and is usually reserved for high end racing parts. The main caps are tied together with a stiff aluminum girdle which improves bottom end rigidity significantly. This feature is usually found in all out race motors. These design elements produce an engine that is nearly bulletproof. I have seen motors with over 100,000 miles on them with the factory honing marks still visible in the cylinder bores! The number of list members in the 100,000 Mile Club is a testament to the durability of the SR20."

Damn....he quoted that (moderator) Makes me feel bad almost. The 60* motors came with forged rods, cranks had rolled fillets, 10mm rod bolts i believe. PLUS, we ended up with all cast blocks/heads. He also keeps calling the SR series a "race" motor....no.
                  MODS:<br />3.4,Crower cam, K-motion valvesprings, Heddman Longtubes, BBK AFPR, Accel Coil, 36mm/23mm Sways, Boxed LCAs/Panhard bar, Mutant Nitrous wet kit, Mr. Gasket Cutout, 10.02 1/8 mile at 67.2 mph UNTUNNED no spray

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X