• Hey from the Shady 580…

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3227.jpeg
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	1579022 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3226.jpeg
Size:	4.10 MB
ID:	1579019 Hi from southern Oklahoma!
    I hate introductions because they’re so awkward. So, I’m Ashley, I’m from Arizona but I now live in Oklahoma.
    I have a 1996 Camaro RS, t-top version. Her name is Christine II because it’s the Chevrolet version of the Plymouth Fury “Christine”.
    I used to work in healthcare as a nurse, but Covid burned me out. Now my boyfriend and I own a mechanic shop and while I do the bookkeeping and all, I’m also wrenching on stuff almost all day. Prior to nursing I worked in IT.

I’m not much of a Chevy fan, or a big car fan either. I’ve always had pickups, and heavy preference to diesels. My other vehicles are a 1984 Dodge D150 that we are building into a drag truck, and my workhorse, a 03 Dodge 3500 SRW with a 5.9L I6 HO.

I bought Christine off Facebook marketplace for $300. Ugly, neglected, and wouldn’t even crank. I was actually searching for a Mustang (would be a chassis car) and this Camaro kept coming up, it as the only one that did that. So I looked at it, with all the dash wiring cut and dangling under the kick panel, wouldn’t even crank, 4 tires that were new under GW Bushes presidency, and just FUGLY.
    now she’s a nice color and most the dents knocked out.

It wouldn’t start initially because the fuel pump

Name:	IMG_3364.jpeg
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	1579018 was bad. It sat for 7 years with gas in the tank. It also had a bad crank sensor. I eventually had to replace the fuel rank after conventional mother****er non conventional cleaning methods failed.

Now she has. Cold air intake, no emissions junk (EGR and cats deleted) a GMC Sonoma rear and (g80 3.73 gears)

Name:	IMG_0067.jpeg
Size:	3.37 MB
ID:	1579020 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0070.jpeg
Size:	3.97 MB
ID:	1579021 new paint, new stereo system (I blew the Bose stuff up) almost 30 yr old speakers don’t like turning up to 30+
    Attached Files

Welcome to the site.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X