Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello! Thanks for having me.

Hi everybody,

Camarov6forum liked one of my posts on Instagram, so I figured I would set up an account. I always found forums to be the most helpful social platforms anyway. Here's the 35th anniversary Camaro I got from a family friend. He bought it new, drove it daily, let it sit for a couple years, and then let me take it. I'm a Buick guy so the power plant is more my style than the car. I really hope that I can get it on the dyno for a proper tune soon. Who knows if that will ever happen though. I keep making changes to the car that put the tune off longer. Until then I have no idea what kind of power it's making, but I'm having fun anyway!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Brought home 3-18.jpg
Size:	602.6 KB
ID:	1575379

Name:	Bumper Hole 6.jpg
Size:	421.2 KB
ID:	1575381

Name:	Egine bay appearance 10-19 2.jpg
Size:	455.1 KB
ID:	1575380

Nice! Is that a custom turbo setup you have there? What did you go with?

These engines handle boost nicely!

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Thanks! Yes, I made it myself. It has a stock '02 driver side manifold and a FWD manifold on the passenger side with a custom merge. My charge pipes are all custom made from 3" tubing. Not everything is super pretty, but it does the job.

Name:	Merge 4 9-18.jpg
Size:	252.2 KB
ID:	1575385

Name:	Merge 1 4-18.jpg
Size:	266.7 KB
ID:	1575386

Comment

Looks good, how much boost you running? Yeah a tune is a must.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Very nice set up. Looks like a grandnational from the inside.

What kind of buick do you owned. I used to have a 2001 Regal LS. I wish it was a GS.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
            Looks good, how much boost you running? Yeah a tune is a must.
            I'm not really sure about boost because it's not consistent and I haven't pushed it very hard yet anyway. I need a better boost controller and gauge. I do have a "tune" but it's just a mail order from Intense. It at least lets my cruise to and from work while I diagnose some of my other problems.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
              Very nice set up. Looks like a grandnational from the inside.

What kind of buick do you owned. I used to have a 2001 Regal LS. I wish it was a GS.
              That's what I was going for! I kinda wanted my Jekyll and Hyde. Here's my full fleet. 1986 Regal Grand National and 2010 Volvo C30 T5Click image for larger version

Name:	All Cars 2018.jpg
Size:	490.4 KB
ID:	1575392

Comment

That's a solid lineup - I would love a Grand National one day!

Nice setup too! I would be looking into something like Hp tuners so that you can tune your setup vs relying on a mail order tune. Mail orders are typically good for bolt ons, once you get a FI or a Cam in there it really needs to be dialed in in person.

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                  That's a solid lineup - I would love a Grand National one day!

Nice setup too! I would be looking into something like Hp tuners so that you can tune your setup vs relying on a mail order tune. Mail orders are typically good for bolt ons, once you get a FI or a Cam in there it really needs to be dialed in in person.
                  Thanks! I've loved the GNs my whole life, but they are admittedly a big pain to work on.

I know the mail order is not the best solution. It's just temporary to until I can justify forking the dough for dyno time. I have issues like a slipping clutch and excessive oil leakage to take care of first. I don't want to tune in mechanical issues or make a mess on the tuners floor! I considered getting HP Tuners too, but it seemed like a big investment for the limitations I have in the stock ECM. I figured I would just have somebody else take care of the tuning until until I get an aftermarket EMS.

Comment

If you want to remain manual I would look into swapping a T56 into it. We had a member on here to the conversion.

The T5’s are known to be weak and won’t hold up to much abuse

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X