2000 Front caliper Brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Front caliper Brackets

Does anyone know where I can get new front Caliper brackets for a 2000?
    The slide has broken off inside the Caliper brackets. One in each. I am going to try and machine it out but I am not hopful. I am soaking them overnight tonight. Maybe for the week. This is what I am up against. The shinny round thing in the middle of all that rust is the broken off slider

Re: 2000 Front caliper Brackets

Nothing?

Comment

I looked on GMpartsdirect and could not find any.

Have you tried Ebay?

Why not try a machine shop?

They may be able to drill it out.

Comment

i did that to my ss/sc. i was able to grab it was a wrench and back it out. you should have no problem drilling that out and than just get a tap set and retap it.

if you have a dremel, cut 2 slit in the bolt head like a screw driver and try to back it out that way.
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by Gorn_96 View Post
          Does anyone know where I can get new front Caliper brackets for a 2000?
          The slide has broken off inside the Caliper brackets. One in each. I am going to try and machine it out but I am not hopful. I am soaking them overnight tonight. Maybe for the week. This is what I am up against. The shinny round thing in the middle of all that rust is the broken off slider

I had that exact problem a few months ago. Let me guess both of the ones that are stuck/broken are the one on the bottom of the calipar when they are on the vehicle. I didn't break mine but they were quite stuck. I just kept soaking them in brake parts cleaner and WD40 to break down the dried up slide grease, thats what that is, its a combination dried grerase and rust. Just keep soaking them and working at twisting them as you pull it out. Then when you get them out Just run a drill bit that fits snugly in the slide hole to clean out any rust /grease thats still in there. If you need to know anything else just let me know. Also those holes are not threaded.

Jeff
          Last edited by Pewter02Camaro; 08-27-2009, 09:43 AM.
          Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
          Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
          Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
          Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
          Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Update?
            Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
            Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
            Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
            Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
            Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Thanks for the post, I could not find anyone who ever saw this before. You are right one in each side. The car they came off was a wreck and had been sitting. I had a heck of a time getting the pistons out also. I was thinking of checking out my local U-pull it yard to see if I can find some.

If I can not find any I will try machining them out. I hope to get to it this weekend. These are for an upgrade to my 96 so there is no rush.
              Last edited by Gorn_96; 08-28-2009, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorn_96 View Post
                Thanks for the post, I could not find anyone who ever saw this before. You are right one in each side. The car they came off was a wreck and had been sitting. I had a heck of a time getting the pistons out also. I was thinking of checking out my local U-pull it yard to see if I can find some.

If I can not find any I will try machining them out. I hope to get to it this weekend. These are for an upgrade to my 96 so there is no rush.
                Why pull the pistons? it would be cheaper to use them as cores on rebuilt ones.

Comment

My plan is to powder coat them. I was even thinking of doing some custom work on them. Maybe engraving a 3/16 wide "Camaro" along the side and filling that with paint.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X