options for track bar??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• options for track bar??

What are my options for replacing my track bar on my 98 V6 Camaro? Its the bottom piece in the pic. Mine is bent, and I want to know if there's something beefier than stock, or just whatever is available?? Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: options for track bar??

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=113

there ya go!
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Or you can go BMR too , I have had a Chromoly adjustable one for 9 years and is holding up great ,along with their LCA's and sub frame connectors. UMI is a great CO. also so it would be up to you. I have products from both CO. and their great so far. 97RS4LIfE has a site that you could check out , always has great prices. I think he has UMI products, Grand Valley Specialties, I think is the name of his site.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

hotpart.com i love their products =)
          2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
          1991 3000GT VR4
          2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

I'm going to order the one from UMI this week. Best price I have found! I can't wait!!

Comment

I'll say this for the 1000th time - a tubular PHR is BS!

It is a total lack of understanding a suspension.

The shaft MUST twist!

The factory PHR is fine, just replace the rubber bushings with ES.

If you need to be high tech, use adjustable rod ends.
              Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

FirebirdGT... I've read your posts about the panhard bar and was wondering if you could point me in the direction to find a "non" tubular adjustable panhard bar, I haven't been able to find any by doing some casual searching...
                Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Originally posted by T-Mill View Post
                  FirebirdGT... I've read your posts about the panhard bar and was wondering if you could point me in the direction to find a "non" tubular adjustable panhard bar, I haven't been able to find any by doing some casual searching...
                  You miss the point.

http://www.globalwest.net/1982-02_Ca...ntrol_arms.htm

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
                    ...and those are lca's
                    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                      ...and those are lca's
                      Same binding principle applies.

Raven

Comment

why would the lca's need to twist??
                        Team NoVa

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                          why would the lca's need to twist??
                          they need to articulate when you go around corners...if they don't then you will get bind, and it will put more stress on the mounting point of the lca...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

but my question is... you need an adj. phr to re-center the rear after lowering right? ...along with lca relocating brackets... so if tubular phr's aren't any good, what other options are there for an adj phr... I mean, I'm not going to be autocrossing my car or full-out drag-racing, so I'll probly just go with something cheap from a reputable co.... I'm just curious, I guess...
                            Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                            Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

I have ran my ADJ.chromoly BMR panhard rod with poy endlinks 9 years and haven't had any problems. My whole suspension is almost all poly except for the front lower A-arms that came with one rod end and I don't have any problems with that one either. Mine is a street car , never taken it to the track, might one day in the future.
                              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X