Brake line bolt stripped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake line bolt stripped

Here's the story. I was reassembling my z28 rear end getting it ready to install it. When I was connecting the brake line to the right caliper the bolt stripped out the threads inside the caliper. My question is whether it would be better to replace the caliper or to buy a larger bolt and tap new threads in the existing caliper?

Re: Brake line bolt stripped

I would say to replace the caliper. If you go to a larger bolt for the brake line, it may have a larger "bore" in the center and possibly leak.
    sigpic

Comment

^x's 2
      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Damn I gotta replace my caliper tonight, I hope I dont run into this.

I gotta agree with the other guys. Your not gonna like it, which is what happened to me 2 nights ago, when the brakes go out.
        sigpic
        98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Ok, thanks guys. I think I'll see if I can get one from a junkyard or something, cause new ones are very expensive for the back brakes.

Comment

Just remember where that emergency brake is...

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Just scored a reman from my job (pepboys) for $40 thanks to my discount. Gonna try doing the rear swap tomorrow. You all will be sure to hear about the outcome.

Comment

Batting a freakin thousand here. The reman also stripped out. I dont get why the driver side was perfect yet two passenger side calipers stripped out. Does anyone know what the brake bolts should be torqued to? Now I get to wait til Friday to get another caliper since it has to be shipped from the warehouse. Pretty much guarantees I wont have this installed in time for next weeks trip to Albany.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X