mickey thompson tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mickey thompson tires

Im going out to buy some slicks tommorrow off of a guy locally...they are 33. 0 10.5 16. He says they are a slick but they are DOT approved...I am guessing they are probably the ET street drag radial...what do you guys know about them?

He says they will fit on my 16x8 salad shooter rim....how well will they fit on there, and will I have to do any work to get them in there? my car doesnt look like it has a whole lot of room for a higher aspect ratio tire...but I am stock height...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: mickey thompson tires

You're not fitting a 33x10.50 tire under there without a whole lot of cutting and/or at least mini tubs. Sounds to me that he is describing ET Street slicks (not drag radials) which are a bias-ply tire and not a radial.

I ran 27x10x15 ET streets on my Trans Am for a while. They hooked very well but were pretty shaky on the top end (as is any bias-ply).
    Last edited by Skinny; 07-06-2009, 08:42 PM.
    -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

I gave Meatyshells 26 X 11.5 X 16 ET streets on 16 X 8 firebird rms, I think he liked them.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

what would have to be cut?

Hes selling them at 50$ a piece...so its a great deal if I can get em to work....

Comment

Damm I missed the 33" tall , that is way huge.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

To clear 28" tires, the rear bumper and fender lips need to be trimmed off. For a tire as tall as 33", I would think that the tire would contact the top of the inner wheel well, which would mean that you'd need to cut all of that out and weld in a sheet metal tub to replace it. Like this:
            -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
              what would have to be cut?

Hes selling them at 50$ a piece...so its a great deal if I can get em to work....
              uh your fenders/wheel wells. lol
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

holy **** dude 33s?! i hate to tell you but that just wont work unless you tub the wells.
                3M MAFIA
                ________
                | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                sigpic

Comment

damn it...too good to be true....

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                    I gave Meatyshells 26 X 11.5 X 16 ET streets on 16 X 8 firebird rms, I think he liked them.
                    they were great! :D

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

The issue with the height has already been addressed, so I wont comment on that any further. However, I dont sugget a bias ply tire if it will be your DD. I had them for about 9 months and they ride like $hit nor do they hold air for very long.
                      sigpic
                      1997 Camaro RS A4
                      2006 Chevy Colorado
                      2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

these would have been strictly for the track...I was considering using them on the street though sometimes...maybe...

damn, I really wanted them to fit...been looking for tires for awhile...its just smokeshow at the racetrack now when I go...my best run of 14.44 was when I rolled up to 20km/h (12.5mph) then put it to the floor...spun the rest of first, hooked maybe 1/4 of the way into 2nd....I got a stall converter I can't even launch with lol.... and 50$ a tire seemed real good...

Comment

so start cuttin and weldin... lol... jk that's alot of work
                          Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                          Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X