brakes acting funny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brakes acting funny

Ok so the past few days i have been having brake problems. when i am setting at a stop light with my foot on the brake the brake pedal will slowly go to the floor. the car doesnt move. and i dont see any fluid leaking. but the parking brake light also comes on.

Re: brakes acting funny

brake power booster is on its way out.

Comment

Check your fluid, my light came on when my fluid got to low. If the fluid is full then ya, might be looking a a brake booster. Mine will probably go out soon 13 years old.LOL Thats about the only thing now I can think of I haven't replaced in 13 years.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

First thing I would check the Brake Fluid level note if there is a change in level check all 4 wheels for any leaks,get out all the old fluid and replace with new fluid prefer DOT4 or DOT5,while manually bleeding the brakes monitor the pressure or force the fluid is coming out from the bleed nipple,if one looks weak that flex line is collapsing.
        I reccomend doing that before throughing parts at the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbadian Camaro View Post
          First thing I would check the Brake Fluid level note if there is a change in level check all 4 wheels for any leaks,get out all the old fluid and replace with new fluid prefer DOT4 or DOT5,while manually bleeding the brakes monitor the pressure or force the fluid is coming out from the bleed nipple,if one looks weak that flex line is collapsing.
          I reccomend doing that before throughing parts at the car.
          what is flex line?

Comment

Originally posted by 95firebird3.4 View Post
            what is flex line?
            I think he means the rubber hose parts on the brakes and not thee hard lines. You also have the banjo fittings make sure their tight.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X