X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Fluid

115,000 miles
    Brake Fluid have never been changed.

I've seen that the brake fluid is really dirty (black). Also the filler cap closes, but not enough to feel that it seals. Maybe that's why the fluid is very dirty, so dust is passing through. That's my feeling.

Should I replace the cap for a new one? If I change the fluid,

Is it good to I use a pump to pull it out, and a vaacum cleaner to extract any debris?

The front of the car has been vibrating and I don't know what it is. Rotors resurfaced, new pads, tires checked, no fluid leaks, inner and outer rods replaced. Everything has been checked. Maybe there's debris in the fluid lines. If that's not the reason, I want to change the fluid anyway. Any opinions will be greatly appreciated.
    Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Re: Brake Fluid

this dude at work yesterday turned some rotors using the on-car brake lathe and he didnt adjust it right, and the rotors turned wrong and when you put on brakes it shook bad.

crappy fluid wouldnt cause a vibration, just spongy brake pedal.

but i would change the fluid and cap, or just take it somewhere.
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
      this dude at work yesterday turned some rotors using the on-car brake lathe and he didnt adjust it right, and the rotors turned wrong and when you put on brakes it shook bad.

crappy fluid wouldnt cause a vibration, just spongy brake pedal.

but i would change the fluid and cap, or just take it somewhere.
      You right, it sounds common sense to me.
      Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

have you balanced the tires recently?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlak121 View Post
          have you balanced the tires recently?
          The vibration was increasing months ago before I got new tires and before my friend (the mechanic) worked on rods and brakes. Discount Tire is doing rotation and balance every 6,000 miles. Also I have done alignment three or four times. The vibration is still there.

Comment

Is is OK if I only replace the fluid with a suction pump instead of doing bleeding? After all there are no signs of clogged stuff, and there's only vibration when I brake.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X