Front end brake work, now annoying ticking. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front end brake work, now annoying ticking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front end brake work, now annoying ticking.

I recently replaced my front wheel hub assemblies, rotors, and brake pads. I bought everything from Autozone, the rotors are the Duralast American steel (vs. "offshore") and the pads are the Duralast Gold ceramics. Now, almost every time I go out, i hear a very loud ticking noise from the front driver's side. I imagine it's the pads slipping b/c, up until today, the noise went away with even light pressure on the brakes. Including today, I've taken both sides apart and re-applied pad adhesive so they'd stay in place (today, a new brand), but nothing seems to work. After today's reinstall, the noise doesn't go away even after the brakes are applied.

I'm about to put my old rotors on, just to see if it makes a difference, before going out and buying the OEM pads I should have bought in the first place. I got over 60K miles on the last set!

Any thoughts/suggestions/critiques/insults? :burn:

EDIT: Btw, it's a 2000 bird.

Re: Front end brake work, now annoying ticking.

I had a similar problem with my camaro ,it was a ticking noise everytime I braked, turned out to be loose lug nuts lol!

Comment

Definitely not that, but I appreciate the info! I've got the nuts torqued down good! I'm heading over to my local dealer to buy some OEM pads. They pricematch, so they're not too bad!

Comment

Originally posted by 93witemaro
        I had a similar problem with my camaro ,it was a ticking noise everytime I braked, turned out to be loose lug nuts lol!
        iT'S AMAZING HOW MANY PPL MAKE THAT MISTAKE. My friend replaced everything on his b16/swap hatch (rims, tires, brakes, struts, ect....) and he didnt do it either.
        1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
        - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

Well, I ended up buying GM ceramic brakes and turning the old rotors. The problem has since disappeared. Nothing like OEM to get me through the last year or so of owning this car!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X