Problem with Eibach springs in the rear? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with Eibach springs in the rear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Eibach springs in the rear?

Hi, I've had the Eibach ProKit springs (front and back) with the AGX Adj shocks for about 1 1/2 years now. All of the sudden the rear of the car seems to be sagging. I measured from the outside of the wheel well to the ground and it was about 1/2 inch lower than the front. I know that is not the way it was when installed. My question is could the springs have worn that much already? To give you an idea how much it is sagging, there is about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch space before the axle hits the rear bump stop when it is parked. Thanks in advance.

Re: Problem with Eibach springs in the rear?

eibachs are notorious for sagging over time... Luckily mine haven't sagged and I've had the same exact setup as you for over a year.. knock on wood..
    2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by lookout4theyeti
      eibachs are notorious for sagging over time... Luckily mine haven't sagged and I've had the same exact setup as you for over a year.. knock on wood..
      Wouldn't say that. Everyone Civics, camaros, trucks all use eibach because they are among the best. all springs start to give way after so much time and driving conditions. you might want to check your struts and braces first...good luck
      1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
      - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

True, but eibach seems to sag more than other brands. I haven't seen any complaints about the Strano or Hotchkis springs sagging yet.
        2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Originally posted by RyanAndyBob
          Wouldn't say that. Everyone Civics, camaros, trucks all use eibach because they are among the best. all springs start to give way after so much time and driving conditions. you might want to check your struts and braces first...good luck
          idk i got belltech on my blazer and s10

Comment

Originally posted by RyanAndyBob
            So true. I just took my car in to have the whole front break system replaced (The calipers locked while driving). I had the mechanic take a look at the entire car and she said I needed new springs in the back due to the milage on the car (112k). He was surprised my calipers lasted this long.

So I'm in the market for new springs, any suggestions?

Comment

i'd go with Hotchkis springs or if you just lowering the rear edelbrock
              Last edited by XgunsmokeX; 07-27-2007, 09:12 PM.

Comment

No, I don't want to lower it. With the ground fx's it's already looks low enough. Unless my springs in the rear are just sagged lower than lowering springs :p

Comment

Originally posted by IICODECll
                  No, I don't want to lower it. With the ground fx's it's already looks low enough. Unless my springs in the rear are just sagged lower than lowering springs :p
                  i'd go with strano springs. The drop is very minimal, and teh handling when paired with a good set of shocks is supposed to be really good.
                  2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

I'll check it out. I see item number STR-SP141 on www.stranoparts.com.

Comment

Do you think Goldline Coil Springs would work? http://www.racepages.com/performance...8&brandid=4257

Goldline's web site is very vague.

Comment

Springs that don't sag are made by experts who know how. They use the right metal alloy, and are carefully heat treated.

Since the aftermarket is dominated by buyers who don't want to spend the money for that, aftermarket springs will sag. Some sooner, some later. It's hard to tell which.

This is 20 years old stuff from Carroll Smith, and out of date. But it gives you the idea of what the pros do.

"Order your springs from the Chassis Components Division of the Rockwell International Corporation....The man to talk to is Jim Fiedler....Their prices are typically 50% higher than those from your typical supplier....a genuine bargain."

We don't get really good springs because we won't pay for really good springs.
                        2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

Originally posted by V6Bob
                          Springs that don't sag are made by experts who know how. They use the right metal alloy, and are carefully heat treated.

Since the aftermarket is dominated by buyers who don't want to spend the money for that, aftermarket springs will sag. Some sooner, some later. It's hard to tell which.

This is 20 years old stuff from Carroll Smith, and out of date. But it gives you the idea of what the pros do.

"Order your springs from the Chassis Components Division of the Rockwell International Corporation....The man to talk to is Jim Fiedler....Their prices are typically 50% higher than those from your typical supplier....a genuine bargain."

We don't get really good springs because we won't pay for really good springs.
                          Good point... So what springs do you suggest?
                          2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Bob is right, but strano's springs aren't massed produced, they were made to his specs by a company in germeny that makes racing springs.

Here is a pic of my t/a with strano and koni SA
                            http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2331...77325913KcmXRZ
                            about 1" drop.
                            1999 Pontiac Trans Am M6 Far from stock.....
                            Pics http://rides.webshots.com/album/5599...Dk?vhost=rides

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X