Necessity of doing Alignment after shock installation - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Necessity of doing Alignment after shock installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Necessity of doing Alignment after shock installation

How necessary is it to do alignment after shock installation? I can see the need of doing that (if maybe ) when installing after market shocks (i.e. Bilstein, KYB). But lets say you're changing your shock de-carbons to a brand new set de-carbons (v6 or v8) , do you really need to spend $80(to 100) to do alignment?

:)
    09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
    sigpic

www.the370z.com

Re: Necessity of doing Alignment after shock installation

I didn't but it probably wouldn't hurt. may extend tire life, but I go so fast around corners now that wear on tires is an issue anyways...

Comment

Unless you lower it or mess with the upper or lower a arms. I wouldn't, but if you haven't had a allignment in along time I would just get one , like stated above for tire life.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I agree. I didn't see that you were going stock to stock.. there should be no reason to check the alignment

Comment

Thanks, that helps.

sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

hey Im an allignment tech. I agree if you have not checked allignment in awhile do it or if your tires are showing alot of wear.but the camber and caster probably wont be affected by replacing the shocks on our cars

Comment

Originally posted by aaron7392
              hey Im an allignment tech. I agree if you have not checked allignment in awhile do it or if your tires are showing alot of wear.but the camber and caster probably wont be affected by replacing the shocks on our cars
              Thanks bro. I have installed them today. So far, I didn't feel anything. I'll find out tomorrow at highway speed if there's any vibrations or anything. I'll keep posted.

sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X