how do you know when your front shocks are bad? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you know when your front shocks are bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you know when your front shocks are bad?

pics soon, but let's just say that I'll be installing new mounts, and on the driver's side, the top of the shock rod that goes through the mount snapped.

talk about a "pogo" effect :eek:

I wonder if kyb will honor the warranty on that????

and yes, the pass side died also, but I'll find out how bad when I get all the parts in.
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Re: how do you know when your front shocks are bad?

Wow i would they would warrenty that, thats horriable.
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am M6 Far from stock.....
    Pics http://rides.webshots.com/album/5599...Dk?vhost=rides

Comment

Re: how do you know when your front shocks are bad?

finished up the job last night. On tuesday, it took me about 4hrs to remove teh driver side shock & put int the good shock (still waiting on the replacement mount). Yesterday, it took me about 4hrs to replace thedriver side mount & replace pass side shock & mount. Popping off the steering knuckle isn't neccessary, but makes it easier.... I guess?? didn't need to. just say NO to pogo. When I find my camera I'll have pics of teh stuff. oh yeah, teh pass side mount was fudged up as well.
      1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
      2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
      94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        2 days ago
      • ssms5411
        Little work today
        by ssms5411
        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
        2 weeks ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X