Abs problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abs problems

Ok..i'm sorry if this has allready been posted. I looked around and didn't find anything..
    I was driving about 70 and had to slam on the brakes. So far no problems. about 5 min later i go to hit the brakes and they feel like there slipping. like they were trying to grab but couldn't. after that my abs and break light came on. I checked the fluid and it is fine. My brakes still work but the light has me worried. also my 3rd brake light is out now.. I havn't had time to check anything b/c of work but i don't know whee to start. thanks for any help

Re: Abs problems

replace your third brake light first
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

they would have been hotter than hell after slamming on the brakes and wouldnt work as well, chances are they are fine, and for future reference your brakes are pretty much always slipping, if they feel fine now they are fine

Comment

dad's tahoe did this alot and he was told that some gm's have this problem. My malibu did the same thing a few times. It kinda acted like it couldn't catch and would roll a few feet and then grab quickly. It happened like 3 times in a 4 year period and al you have to do is let up and get back on (pump) and nothing to worry.
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          3 days ago
        • ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          2 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X