frozen caliper...need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frozen caliper...need help

so i changed my brakes today and wen i took the car out to brake them in i noticed one of the brakes was sticking bad so i got home checked them out and the front passanger side caliper seems to be frozen about half way u can tell just by looking at it...any idea what to do aside from replacing the whole caliper

Re: frozen caliper...need help

Rebuilding it should fix it. I'm not sure who sells a rebuild kit though.
    sigpic

Comment

do you really mean frozen? as in ice?
      or locked up?
      2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

i changed my brakes one day and my front passenger one was grabbing at a specific spot each time the rotor came around, so i took it to a couple of places and they said it had frozen somehow and would need to be replaced. i took it back to my house and took the brakes apart again and pushed the pistons in with a C-clamp and reinstalled everything, works fine now. I don't know what was wrong initially, just try to do that and see what happens; it would be kind of expensive to replace a whole caliper, probably at least 100 by the end of it all

Comment

try taking it apart and cleaning the bore of dirt and rust. lube up and re assemble. read your repair manual to do it.
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

wut is the bore? sorry i dont know all these terms! i took it all apart today...took the rotor off and the pads out and sprayed some wd40 around the sides of the pistons and it worked good for about 2 minutes then the same...

Comment

the bore is what the piston is in.

Comment

how do i get to that with out taking the piston out and if i have to take the piston out how do i do that

Comment

like i said, read your repair manual. brake caliper overhaul. self education is the best education.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    2 days ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Little work today
                    by ssms5411
                    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X