Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: low traction brake trouble

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
    yes, there is a seal on the back of the master cylinder. for someone with low technical experience, I do not recommend trying to rebuild it. it needs to be replaced, abs and the brakes bleed and like I said, you need a special tool to bleed the abs with is far too expensive for the average person. needs to go to a dealer unless you can find someone with a tech 2 or equivalent
    thanks man,well that sucks though.:(
    hmm,will probably just hold off on that for awhile,the leak doesn't look to bad,i will just keep an eye on it.

Comment

ummm....did this really belong in the suspension forum? doesn't have anything to do with it????

Comment

Originally posted by spydercam
        ummm....did this really belong in the suspension forum? doesn't have anything to do with it????
        Originally posted by suspension forum
        Springs, shocks, sway bars, STB, SFC, LCA, PHR, steering, brakes, ABS, wheels, tires, etc.
        sorry ,i am used to a board that only has a care and maintance where you put all your problems.trying to get used to it,forgive me.--lol

Comment

if you never got your question answered about "do we have to use the bleeder valve"?
          yes, you have to bleed the air out of the coolant system using the valve.
          2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
            if you never got your question answered about "do we have to use the bleeder valve"?
            yes, you have to bleed the air out of the coolant system using the valve.
            hey thanks for the answer.i haven't been around much but i was just lurking around and saw your advice.appreciate it man.

Comment

i didnt wanna start a new post so i thought ide reply to this 1...my car is doing the same thing as his the low trac light comes on for no good reason and makes the brakes stop working for a second when attempting to stop...i read all the things to check can someone tell me where exactly this stuff is located? btw it only does this every now and then doesnt do it all the time...help would be great thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 96greenmachine
                i didnt wanna start a new post so i thought ide reply to this 1...my car is doing the same thing as his the low trac light comes on for no good reason and makes the brakes stop working for a second when attempting to stop...i read all the things to check can someone tell me where exactly this stuff is located? btw it only does this every now and then doesnt do it all the time...help would be great thanks.
                Did you ever solve your problem?

Comment

I have 96 camaro and have the same problem abs comes on, traction control comes on then I cant break, has anyone have a solution? thanks

Comment

i have the same problem with my 96, really only seems to happen when it is cold(weather wise not brakes). hasnt happened sense i changed my rear shocks and springs, but then it has been 90 and 100 for a while now.
                    96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

Originally posted by david8399
                      i have the same problem with my 96, really only seems to happen when it is cold(weather wise not brakes). hasnt happened sense i changed my rear shocks and springs, but then it has been 90 and 100 for a while now.
                      Mine has gone away this summer but wondering if it will return in the winter.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X