Need updated part # for disc brake swap - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need updated part # for disc brake swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need updated part # for disc brake swap

Hi all...I was checking out Loochys page about the rear disc brake swap...in one of the pics he had a diagram showing a shim for the axle shaft. When I go to GM Parts Direct and look up the part number listed in the diagram, it tells me that they have no record of it. The diagram shows the axle shaft shim part number as #26034667.....anyone have an idea as to what the new/superceded number is? Yeah, I know that I could go to my local Pontiac dealer and ask, but they aren't the brightest bunch on the face of the earth. Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: Need updated part # for disc brake swap

Hey, did you ever find an answer to this question. I'm now looking for the same part.

thanks

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

12471185 he said this in one of the paragraphs that is the new part #, there good to have just in case , when I did mine I really didn't need them I just grinded down something , which I forget since I did this before my stroke and I only remember some stuff. But just measure to see if you need them or not. There not expensive but good to have if you need them.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411
        12471185 he said this in one of the paragraphs that is the new part #, there good to have just in case , when I did mine I really didn't need them I just grinded down something , which I forget since I did this before my stroke and I only remember some stuff. But just measure to see if you need them or not. There not expensive but good to have if you need them.
        I am not 100% clear on where to the measure. From the inside of the mounting plate to where?

btw, thanks. I found the shims on gmpartsdirect.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird
          I am not 100% clear on where to the measure. From the inside of the mounting plate to where?

btw, thanks. I found the shims on gmpartsdirect.

http://loochy88.cz28.com
          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

larry i sell parts for a living, 228 596 1433. i know the 800 no. to gm i can answer these kinda questions all day
            96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

Hey David...you know I would've called ya on it bro...but I think when I originally posted that, it was before I had actually met ya. lol. I've since found the shims needed. I'll be callin when I need something else though, it never hurts to have connections in the business. :) Thanks Man!!!

Comment

i never even used mine... and i have the old set for sale if anyone needs them. (turns out i should have used them, but i didnt want to pull the axles again so i fixed the problem with a set of washers of the same thickness and some grinding on the inside of the calipers)
                Last edited by Loochy88; 08-19-2007, 09:31 PM.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X