Adding 2” rear spring spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding 2” rear spring spacers

My Camaro rearend is starting to sag about the same height or lower than the front wheel well. I’m using QA-1 shocks and 1LE progressive springs probably about 28-30 years old, so should get the 2”spacers this next week. Probably 30-60 min. job. I’ll post before and after pics. Spacers we’re only $45 shipped so not bad. I think the main problem is the weight, 2 batteries, 2 10” subs and boxes, 2 big amps , 30 farad cap and amp rack There is also little stuff too, tool box , jack and misc.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 07-10-2023, 11:03 PM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Well didn’t get them today so changed the front brakes on the Buick. Here’s what spacers I ordered:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12536097202...mis&media=COPY
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Got them today, going to install them tomorrow. Here’s a before pic, it’s not bad but I like the rear higher than the front. The 2” spacers with the isolators out should raise it 1.5”s. Already have the springs with the heater hose mod. This will also help when I add my 17x11 ZR1 rim’s with 315/35/17 tires.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ssms5411; 07-17-2023, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Got it done, went pretty smooth.I also set the rear shocks to 6 and 4 on the front. I’ll see how that rides.Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0801.jpeg Size:	2.42 MB ID:	1579049
        Last edited by ssms5411; 07-19-2023, 02:44 AM.

Comment

When I decide to go with a different rear setup I’ll do UMI 200lb lowering 1.5” springs and a 3” spacer should put me right around where I’m at.

Comment

Yeah the springs were fine so it was just the extra weight on the rear end. Rides pretty smooth.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              4 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X